XBMCBackup Addon
I have my Raspberry pi setup and running really well using Raspbmc installed on to sdcard/usb, i am looking to purchase another pi and would want the setup identical, my thinking was to install XBMCBackup addon, run it creating a backup, when my new pi arrives restore the backup image again using the XBMC Backup addon?

My 2 questions are:-

1 - after running the XBMCbackup i cannot find where the backup image is stored as it does not give me the option to pick a network drive etc?

2 - does anyone even know if what i am asking is possible, i.e will it work?

Thanks in advance?
(2013-02-12, 12:57)smurff33 Wrote: I have my Raspberry pi setup and running really well using Raspbmc installed on to sdcard/usb, i am looking to purchase another pi and would want the setup identical, my thinking was to install XBMCBackup addon, run it creating a backup, when my new pi arrives restore the backup image again using the XBMC Backup addon?

My 2 questions are:-

1 - after running the XBMCbackup i cannot find where the backup image is stored as it does not give me the option to pick a network drive etc?

2 - does anyone even know if what i am asking is possible, i.e will it work?

Thanks in advance?

Good morning,

Backup does not create an image - it only backs up settings and add ons. I think you want to make an exact copy of your sd card correct? If so do the following. Google SD card to image software. There are some good free ones out there. Then Copy your SD card to image. Once you have an image stored on your hard drive you can always reverse the process and use the image to burn a fresh copy on to a new SD card. You will have an exact duplicate of your disk in case of emergency.

There maybe another way but its the method that works best for me.
Your method does work, but does not include the skin..

On the XBMCBackup addon, go to adons again as if you wanted to install it and select "Configure" you can then tell it what you want backed up and where to put the image. (local or network location)
(2013-02-12, 17:23)danmedhurst Wrote: Your method does work, but does not include the skin..

On the XBMCBackup addon, go to adons again as if you wanted to install it and select "Configure" you can then tell it what you want backed up and where to put the image. (local or network location)

Worked a treat thanks you :>
So does this software backup XBMC in full ie skins add-on, configurations etc? so if you had another machine with XBMC installed and restored this it will be exactly the way it looked when you backed it up?

Cheers

Mark
hello,
I tried to backup my xbmc box to sd card , I go to backup add on --> configure ---> which choose to sd card ? Thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCBackup Addon0