Cheap Bluetooth Remotes
I'm looking to switch to bluetooth so I can not worry about IR line of site, have an ugly receiver sitting on my stand, and avoid EventGhost crashing (seems that sometimes the light from the TV reflects back into the receiver and floods it with unknown signals then crashes... I had to put a paper box around it to block it from happening).

Just looking for some ideas/info since I've never used bluetooth for anything before.

I was looking on eBay and the bluetooth USB adapters seem pretty cheap, which is a bonus. I assume if I get a bluetooth based remote, the adapter is all I need to link them? Does 1 adapter run multiple items in case I get a keyboard later or use my iPhone to connect with?

Also, any ideas on good/cheap remotes? I was looking at a few SONY remotes on eBay, but, worried that I'll be having issues with the rest of my setup. I basically have the PC, a PS3 and a Sony Bravia... nothing else. Unlike universal remotes, I don't see device selector buttons along the top for TV, CABLE, DVD, etc... it would be ideal to have that so I can turn the TV on/off with the same remote, but, not necessary... I'm use to the way things are now. Also saw a Lenovo A600 remote, heard that the TIVO remotes work but... hoping around $20. $80 is a bit much for something as simple as a remote, especially given how few devices I have.

Also, I'm running my HP Remote (IR) through EventGhost and seems to run fine (now that I have the phantom signal issue resolved)... would Bluetooth remotes also work through EventGhost?

Any help would be great. Again, just looking for a cheap decent way to switch to Bluetooth. I plan to buy a HTPC case (already got it picked out) and want rid of the receiver... I don't want to drill any holes in the new case either, else I'd put the guts from the receiver into the new case. Plus if I do that and the phantom signals return I'm screwed.

Thanks
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
The TiVo slide used to be something like $30 on Amazon. Bluetooth and a slide out mini keyboard. I don't think they have any more, though.
Just search google, amazon, and ebay
for "bluetooth keyboard", where most of them
will have a few media keys and scroll.

US $32.78
Hot Sale Rii Mini Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Mouse Touchpad Laser Presenter Combo for Mobile Phone , Free Shipping + Retail Box

$27.99
Anker® Mini Bluetooth Handheld Keyboard with Multi-Touchpad / Laser Pointer for Google
Nexus 7 / Google Android TV / iPhone 4 4S 3GS 3G / Samsung Galaxy S S2 S3 / HTPC / PC /
Iphone / Android 3.0 Tablet / Mac OS
I'm also looking at something that runs with Bluetooth that I can run with OpenELEC for XBMC. My search is ongoing..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cheap Bluetooth Remotes0