Enermax 550 Watt NAXN 82 + powersupply
Mobo Gigabyte GA Z77 MX DH3 Micro Atx
8 GB Gskill Sniper Low Voltage 1600 PC3 12800 Ram
128 OCZ Vertex 4 SSD
4 TB Hitachi 7200 RPM Sata3 HD
Intel Core i5 3570K
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
XBMC

I still need to decide whether to purchase a BD writer 3.5in Interal drive or BD writer slim external drive.

I am thinking the things I need to be look :

Internal:
Heat Generation
Size
Noise level

External
Noise Level
Data transmittal rate (USB 3.0 or 2.0)

Does anybody have any sugestions to external or internal and prefered make and model?

Thank you.
I am using LG internal 14X re-writer and it is very silent. The drive gets heated when ripping a blu-ray disk. But for normal use it should not make any problems.

http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-Int...ray+burner
Thanks! I appreciate your reply. It must not be a popular topic but I really cannot find very much about it on the internet.
I have the internal LG Electronics 14x Internal BDXL Blu-Ray Burner Rewriter

No heat (or minimal) additional heat measured when in use,....upon initial load of DVD there is a little bit of "noise",..but then that disappears,..and no noise/sound when playing DVDs/BD-ROMs.

Me personally,..I'll always prefer internal over ANOTHER externally plugged in device.
Plus,..internal devices connect via SATA,..while externals use slower connection methods. (unless they're eSATA)
Do any of these ever get the dreaded cinavia error ? I hear some of these are starting to filter through with some models? Or is it just the software for them?
(2013-03-01, 19:16)Itsjustwood Wrote: Do any of these ever get the dreaded cinavia error ? I hear some of these are starting to filter through with some models? Or is it just the software for them?

I only use mine to put my Blu Ray and DVD collection on my media server. XBMC won't get the cinavia error.
XBMC specs: MINIX U9-H LibreELEC 4K all day

Home Theater - Samsung 65KS8000 - Denon 3200- Ascend Acoustics speakers - Maelstrom 18in sealed sub 7cu ft - Behringer EP2500

UNraid Server – Pentium G3258 – MSI - H81M-P33 – Antec HCG-400M PS - 8Gb RAM

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blu Ray External or Internal0