MySQL setup problem
Hello everyone!

First my config: RPi 512M - OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel-20130223052723-r13361
MySQL host: NAS - 192.168.1.XXX

I've been trying to make this work for 2 days straight no success.
Reading all over the internet and always get the same problem regardless of the changes I make in advancedsettings.xml

Pb: every time I add the parameters for MySQL access my xbmc boot loops...trying to connect to database and not working.

First it's unclear whether we need to create manually an initial database or if xbmc does it the first time.
Some tutorials tell you to use "xbmc_video" as database and some tutorials say xbmc creates MyVideos75.
I've tried all possible combinations, not creating any database, creating xbmc_video database, creating MyVideos database, creating MyVideos75 database.
When I have MyVideos database it is looking for MyVideos75 database.
So I create MyVideos75 database in phpmyadmin...and guess what on reboot he is now looking for MyVideos7575 database!

It's crazy and I do not understand the logic.
I've installed countless apps using MySQL, you create a DB, inject the standard tables and configure a config file to connect to the DB and it's fine. It's pretty straight forward.

But here I've failed everytime and I honestly do not know what else to try to get it working.

In my logs depending on the parameters I set in advancedsettings.xml I get error messages he cannot find the database...cannot connect...but connection is fine since he is reading sometimes the database I have in MySQL.

I am beginning to think this feature is broken in this build...could it be possible?

Thank you for your help.
I followed this:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...ab=Windows
and it's working with latest openelec.
2 Questions:
- does xbmc on startup create the database or do we have to create it manually?
- in the advancedsetttings.xml some tutorials specify a dbname some don't, which one works?
1) XBMC creates the database automatically
2) Don't specify a name, leave it out and let it default.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
And it worked!!!

Wow it was so simple...I guess to simple for my mind. :p

Thank you very much for your answers.
I am rescrapping my nfs sources.

Checking the .xbmc/temp/xbmc.log there is a ton of ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist

That shouldnt happen or are those errors known issues?

Also I can submit my log, just tell me how to submit it in a most readable way.
What version of MySQL are you using, I think there are problems with MySQL 5.6 - earlier versions (eg. 5.5) are fine.

(2013-02-25, 23:27)dochyde Wrote: That shouldnt happen or are those errors known issues?

No, it shouldn't happen. Make sure you have granted the correct permissions as outlined in the link given to you by Popcornmix.

(2013-02-25, 23:27)dochyde Wrote: Also I can submit my log, just tell me how to submit it in a most readable way.

Easiest way is to run the following command on your Pi:

Code:
pastebinit -i /storage/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

then paste the result here (it should be a URL).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-02-26, 00:06)MilhouseVH Wrote: What version of MySQL are you using, I think there are problems with MySQL 5.6 - earlier versions (eg. 5.5) are fine.

Version: '5.5.28' socket: '/ffp/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock' port: 3306 Source distribution

(2013-02-26, 00:06)MilhouseVH Wrote: No, it shouldn't happen. Make sure you have granted the correct permissions as outlined in the link given to you by Popcornmix.

Yes all permissions seem right.
I can access everything through phpMyAdmin login with xbmc user

Thanks for your help again. Wink
Here is my log: http://sprunge.us/AhRe
Did you drop all of the databases you manually created previously? If so it's not obvious what the problem is, so I would suggest the following steps:

1) Enable debug logging in XBMC (Systems -> Settings -> System -> Debugging, make sure "Enable debug logging" is activated)
2) Power off your Pi
3) Drop the two MySQL databases (MyMusic32 and MyVideos75)
4) Boot your Pi, and try scraping again

If you still have problems, submit your latest xbmc.log again as this should have more information, including the creation of the databases etc. and may yield more clues.
(2013-02-26, 01:04)MilhouseVH Wrote: Did you drop all of the databases you manually created previously?

Yes all manually created databases were dropped prior to running the new advancedsettings.xml.

(2013-02-26, 01:04)MilhouseVH Wrote: 1) Enable debug logging in XBMC (Systems -> Settings -> System -> Debugging, make sure "Enable debug logging" is activated)
2) Power off your Pi
3) Drop the two MySQL databases (MyMusic32 and MyVideos75)
4) Boot your Pi, and try scraping again

If you still have problems, submit your latest xbmc.log again as this should have more information, including the creation of the databases etc. and may yield more clues.

I will do this when I get back from work.
Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL setup problem0