Two versions of same movie
What's the best way to deal with having a 2D and 3D version of the same movie.

Thanks
Is there a label for 3D? I typically use this for different versions of sound I have such as DTS and 2.0.

You can also try renaming the movie that's 3D?
I put .2D and .3D into the file names, but just the .3D version seems to get into the library.

Thanks
What does the xbmc log file reveal when you try to import the missing file into the library?
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

(2013-02-27, 18:14)spike6479 Wrote: I put .2D and .3D into the file names, but just the .3D version seems to get into the library.

Thanks

The 3D one works because "3D" is automatically cleaned from the file name before being scanned into the library.

"2D", on the other hand, is not cleaned, and is probably throwing off the scraper.
Creating a .nfo file and stripping the 2D put both copies into the library. But from DLNA there are simply 2 entries with the same name, no way to tell which is which, except top play. Is there a way to simply put files into the library by name, home movies don't seem to get in either.

Thanks much for the help
There are a couple solutions to the duplicate library entries:
1) Work with local NFO files and don't rely on the scraper
2) Use the "JustUseTheFilename" scraper
3) Scan both in so you have duplicates, then bring up the context menu and rename them to your liking.

For home movies, options 1 & 2 should work.
Thanks much this looks like what I need.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Two versions of same movie0