Req Download the traiers of the libraries movies instead watching youtube
Hi everybody.
for people with slow internet connection, watch the trailer of the movies in the library using the youtube plugin can be a problem...

I do not think it would be a so hard work to give the possibility to the user to choose if he wanna watch the trailer in streaming from youtube or get them from local storage...

I suppose that actually, when the scraper run over the library, it store into the db a variable with the url of the trailer. the hardest part is done... it is only necessary to put a button somewhere and give the possibility to choose a path where to store trailer... if this option is selected the only thing is to start downloading file form that url and put the local path of the trailer (flv, avi, mpg, mp4...) in the variable of the db instead of the web url of the trailer... so when people want to watch the trailer need only to play it with the default xbmc player...
What do you think?

of course it would be great to choose where to get trailers from...

Bye...
sorry, don't get it. You want a feature that the scraper downloads the trailers to your local harddrive and then stream them from there? Why would you want that if you have a slow internet connection.
Or do you suggest to instead of only stream the trailer on first hit, create a local backup of it and use that for future requests to the trailer?
(2013-03-01, 14:40)da-anda Wrote: sorry, don't get it. You want a feature that the scraper downloads the trailers to your local harddrive and then stream them from there? Why would you want that if you have a slow internet connection.
Or do you suggest to instead of only stream the trailer on first hit, create a local backup of it and use that for future requests to the trailer?
That is my idea --> You want a feature that the scraper downloads the trailers to your local harddrive and then stream them from there

Imagine you are going to choose a movie from a list of hundreds...
you would like to watch the trailer of a movie but your 2mb/s internet connection hangs on because you maybe use your internet connection to download somethings else (emule, remote desktop, ip phone call, ruzzle :-D)...

but with this feature the trailer as been downloaded by the scraper as soon as you put the movie in the video folder and xbmc scrape it... so when you wanna whatch the movie trailer is offline on your hard drive...

p.s.: and here it would be cool to choose where to download the trailer from...
And initial scraping of a movie collection would take like years on slow internet connections. 2mb/s to me is not a slow connection - I only have 256kB/s and can stream trailers just fine (480p). Also I'm not sure if it's legal - only because it's on youtube (or some other video portal) doesn't make it free to copy.
Siggy - check out ember media manager http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1351954
Sure the first time will take a lot... but just the first time...
And I think it s legal... why shouldn't it?
Bry I will check...
Well, I think that a better use of downloaded trailers would be in situations where there is no internet connection at all. If I carry my laptop on a plane for instance. Another day when I was staying in one of these Sheraton Hotels I was quite impressed with the Media system they've installed for guests. It's called Lodgenet. But the main thing that I really liked about that system, was viewing the trailers already incorporated into the movies navigation. So, on that system when you select movies, you see a movies display and as you go thru the movies for each one there is a fanart on background, plot at the bottom and a reduced widescreen window playing the trailer (about a quarter size of the screen). So there is no need to push that trailer bottom.

Navigating thru the movies would be much less boring with HI Res trailers stored and automatically playing.
(2013-03-02, 00:48)siggy Wrote: Sure the first time will take a lot... but just the first time...

HD trailer = ~100MB
5000 movie trailers = 500GB

At 256Kbps that is 4551 hours or 189 days at uninterrupted full speed.
At 2Mbps that is 542 hours or 23 days straight.
At 8Mbps that is 142 hours or 6 days.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Download the traiers of the libraries movies instead watching youtube1