Stuttering playback on uncompressed Bluray MKV rips
Hi guys and gals,

I'm struggling with stuttering playback of some of my Blurays ripped as uncompressed MKV files. Some stuttering constantly, others come and go during the film.

Current system:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Service pack 1
XBMC 12 Frodo
Athlon 4450E 2.3GHz
4Gb RAM
AMD 5450 graphics card
Optical cable connected to my Cyrus DAC-XP+

Log pasted to Pastebing, link below. Let me know if you need anything else.

Pastebin Log
Have a look here - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911
I'm having pretty much the exact issue as 'Jedfordski'. And I did go through everything & all possible combinations in the link in the above post (#2).

I'm also playing uncompressed Blu-rays enveloped in MKVs, my hardware is a bit different though... 2012 Mac Mini (base i5 model), but with 16GB RAM & Bootcamped with Win 7 (64-bit) Enterprise. Graphics is the built-in Intel HD4400 chipset.

The stutter is erratic. At times it happens after the 1st 15 minutes; and sometime after half hour. But once it starts, it happens every 10 minutes or so. I noticed that my receiver's indicator for HD Audio goes off and flickers when this stutter happens. Making me lean towards the reasoning that it could be something to do with the bit-stream?

Oh, and my receiver is a YAMAHA one. 7.1 and capable of playing every damn codec that exists today.
I have the same Problem, every Video Stutters (mkv/m2ts) after exactly 7 or 15 Minutes, when i use WASAPI to bitsream DD/DTS to my Pioneer VSX 921.
When i use the HDMI over DirectSound the stutters are gone...

The Troubleshout Thread does't help!

My HTPC:
- Nvidia GTX 470
- Intel Core i5 3570
- Asrock Z77
- Windows 7 x64
I thought it's not possible to get bitstream (HD Audio) if I don't use WASAPI?
No, its a limit of your HDMI Output, for example the GTX 470 has no DTS-MA and DD TruHD Bitstream Support, so i can only bitstream DD/DTS with "WASAPI: HDMI...." or "DirectSound:HDMI....". With "WASAPI:HDMI..." the video begins to stutter after/every 7 minutes.
Well, I just tried the "DirectSound:HDMI" option, and my movie just started showing me a slideshow of frames rather than playing. So that's a no go.

I double checked my sound card properties... and it says DTS-HD and TrueHD are supported. So I know I need to stick to WASAPI.
I just tried playing a few 3D MKV movies on 12.1 upgrade and they are unwatchable as they are stuttering/jerking so bad.
(Tried playing in VLC and they play fine)
Version 12.0 worked fine, anyone else having issues?
(2013-03-23, 11:57)MelbWestMan Wrote: I just tried playing a few 3D MKV movies on 12.1 upgrade and they are unwatchable as they are stuttering/jerking so bad.
(Tried playing in VLC and they play fine)
Version 12.0 worked fine, anyone else having issues?

I have the same problem.
1080p mkv, 1080p ts, 720p mkv, SD stuff works just fine. Except for BluRay, there I have a slideshow. And it does not mather if I use HD-Audio or standard Dolby.

I am also using Frodo 12.1

AMD Phenom X4 965 BE
GTX 670
Yamaha RX-V3900
HDMI connection

VLC works just fine.

I tried a lot of different settings, its not getting better.

I had a similar problems with 12.0 but only if I powered my equipment on in the wrong order. Then the Audio settings were not correct. My guess was because of some handshake quirks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuttering playback on uncompressed Bluray MKV rips0