Win mapped drives or SMB still no luck!
Hi all,

I have a small hp server running windows 2008r2 and I have 3 movies drives all shared.
this is connected to a small switch and then in turn connected to a router.

In my lounge (wireless) I have a pc with a GC and use this to play movies from, however sometimes a film plays but more often than not
when I hit enter on a film it just freezes, if i leave it for ages sometimes the film eventually starts going, but why is it soooo slow? I can browse the share or open mapped drives no problem and navigate them quickly. All DVDs are in ISO format, sometimes its perfect and then another iso on the same drive can just refuse to play.

Any help would be much appreciated!

many thanks,
Ok, So I have continued to troubleshoot and discovered its only slow on WIFI, other than plugging it in is there anything i can do to improve this?

cheers,
Is it also slow if you watch a video over WiFi using some application other than XBMC?
No that seems to play ok, I.e. if I open the file via VLC it plays. cheers,
If the machine has enough RAM, try increasing the buffer to something more than the standard 5 MB

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...network.3E
XBMC uses 3 times the amount you set up here, but in case you have plenty of RAM, you might get a better experience when it is set to something like 50MB.

Otherwise, make a debug log and we can take a look at that.
(2013-03-04, 12:49)Kibje Wrote: If the machine has enough RAM, try increasing the buffer to something more than the standard 5 MB

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...network.3E
XBMC uses 3 times the amount you set up here, but in case you have plenty of RAM, you might get a better experience when it is set to something like 50MB.

Otherwise, make a debug log and we can take a look at that.

Thanks for the reply, If i wanted to up it to 1GB how should it look? I'm really sorry to trouble just struggling to see if I got it right!

all the best,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mapped drives or SMB still no luck!0