Issue scraping WMA files in Frodo, using Universal Scraper for Albums/Artists
I posted a thread in the Windows support forum but starting thinking that this might be a better place to find some support.

I just upgraded to Frodo but I am having problems with my music library, after setting up my music source and scraping. While the files all seem to be importing OK and able to play, I am getting wildy incorrect values for Year. I get values all over the place, sometimes 3 digits, sometimes 4 and 5, but nothing even resembling the correct year.

I have mostly WMA files, and they are all correctly tagged. I have verified with MP3Tag, Media Monkey, WMP, and Zune. The values are consistent across the board. It's also important to note that Eden does not have this issue at all, only Frodo. This is issue is definitely specific to WMA files, as my MP3 files from Amazon import with correct values.

I am using Universal Scraper for Music Artists and for Albums.

When adding a music source, does the scraper itself (Universal) read the tags from the local files, or does that happen from a core XBMC function? I logged a Trac ticket about 2 weeks back, but also haven't seen any response...
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14110

Is this a scraper issue or a core XBMC function?
Core function
OK, I was kinda guessing that but wanted to make sure. Wasn't certain if tag scraping came from the scrapers or only online data did. Thanks for the reply, and hopefully someone from the XBMC team will take a look at the Trac ticket.
Hi, more properly you should call it 'tag reading' Smile
Will do, I will update the trac ticket accordingly. Do you have any recommendations for other places in the forum to post, or will the Trac ticket be sufficient? As an aside, I have isolated this particular issue to causing problems with Artist Slideshow also to malfunction on any of the WMA files, oddly enough. I'm guessing it has to do with the information that AS uses from the tags to match albums albums on Last.fm.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue scraping WMA files in Frodo, using Universal Scraper for Albums/Artists0