WIP MVC new webinterface (for user and developper)
Information 
Hi,

I started this project there 1-2 months. The goal is to create a fully skinnable web interface and localized more easily. The composition of the project.

Features:
  • webSocket support
  • MVC architecture so designer!!! keep you ready
  • fully localisable
  • notification support (no more useless request) 100% request usefull
  • xbmc.js in full OOP (class for player movie songs album...) simple to use xbmc.VideoLibrary.GetMovies() with same namespace than JSON-RPC
  • url navigation support index.html#tvshows/1/2/5 to view the episode 5 in season 2 in tvshow 1 so you can add fav to get back faster
  • full responsive.
  • ALL platform Android Iphone Tablet window linux and mac
  • verbose debug informationImage

Next features :
  • edit your media directly from the interface
  • command XBMC by voice (if your os support it, android ready)

Files :
Imageimgs
Imagejs
  • app.js controller
  • app.remote.js remote controller
  • app.music.js music section
  • app.movies.js movies section
  • app.tvshows.js tvshow section
  • doT.js view
  • jquery.js
  • xbmc.js model
Imagelocalitation
  • en_US.json
Imagetpl
  • page-movies.tpl
  • page-movies.list.tpl
  • page-movie-details.tpl
  • page-music.tpl
  • page-music-albums.list.tpl
  • page-music-album-songs.list.tpl
  • page-music-album-song-details.tpl
  • page-tvshows.tpl
  • page-tvshows.list.tpl
  • page-tvshows.seasons.list.tpl
  • page-tvshows.season-episodes.list.tpl
  • page-tvshows.season-episode-details.tpl

Imageindex.html
started working on something similar - but I didn't advance that far yet due to lack of time. I wanted my framework to be completely decoupled and event driven - so a GUI player knows nothing about playlists and vice versa - the main app is reacting on events and managing the whole web UI. Also using MVC and having models for each media type, using interfaces to ease access to those, using "repositories" to grab media objects/data from XBMC etc.
What about plugins? I would like to have epg visible in browser (I know it's not possible yet to get it from xbmc, so plugin would deliver it from some other source like xmltv file), be able to scrape chosen epg item (movie for example - unfortunately xbmc doesn't give interface for scrapping so another plugin) and then program pvr timer to record (I hope adding timers is possible now)
Great, this could allow for more diverse web applications, without having to write all the redundant code everytime, but I've got some questions:

(2013-03-05, 14:06)instabledesign Wrote: Hi,
I started this project there 1-2 months. The goal is to create a fully skinnable web interface and localized more easily. The composition of the project.
Is the code created so far somewhere hosted and public?

(2013-03-05, 14:06)instabledesign Wrote: [*]webSocket support
Websocket is a feature supported by browsers, not by an application, you just have to use it...
And I don't really see how this would work for an xbmc setup, correct me if I'm wrong, but xbmc has no output channels to listen to and afaik can only be controlled using rpc calls.
Same thing for the notifications... Or do you mean javascript events with notifications?

(2013-03-05, 14:06)instabledesign Wrote: [*]MVC architecture
[*]url navigation support
Have you considered using backbone.js for MVC and url routing? I think it could accelerate the project as a lot of people already have experience with it.

(2013-03-05, 14:06)instabledesign Wrote: [*]xbmc.js in full POO (class for player movie songs album...)
What is POO? Do you mean OOP?
(2013-03-06, 13:52)sebak Wrote: Is the code created so far somewhere hosted and public?
Not for the moment, because a want to purpose a fonctionnal version, not only for developper

(2013-03-06, 13:52)sebak Wrote: Websocket is a feature supported by browsers, not by an application, you just have to use it...
And I don't really see how this would work for an xbmc setup, correct me if I'm wrong, but xbmc has no output channels to listen to and afaik can only be controlled using rpc calls.
Same thing for the notifications... Or do you mean javascript events with notifications?
JSON-RPC v6 frodo
Quote:Version 6 is a stable version of XBMC's JSON-RPC API and is published with the release of XBMC 12 (Frodo). It comes with support for WebSockets as an alternative transport for third party clients. Using WebSockets will allow webinterfaces (which are currently restricted to the HTTP transport only) to get access to a bidirectional transport with XBMC's JSON-RPC API and can therefore also profit from additional features like notifications.

(2013-03-06, 13:52)sebak Wrote: Have you considered using backbone.js for MVC and url routing? I think it could accelerate the project as a lot of people already have experience with it.
The app.js do is job!! It manage url and section.

(2013-03-06, 13:52)sebak Wrote: What is POO? Do you mean OOP?
Yeah OOP (POO in french)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MVC new webinterface (for user and developper)0