2rpis - add Raspian folder as XBMC video source??
Hi guys,
I have two rasperry pis

pi 1) One running RASPBMC
pi 2) One acting as a "NAS / auto downloader" with sickbeard and sabnzb installed and running. This has a USB drive attached and all the downloaded files are automatically saved to this in the /var/multimedia/tv/ folder.

I have added a few shows and can see that sabnzbd has processed these files successfully and placed them in a folder../var/multimedia/tv/ (on the USB stick)

Can anyone advise how I add this /tv/ folder as a video source in XBMC (on pi1) I have managed to get a similar setup working on a windows machine, but have not got the first clue how I would go about sharing this folder in debian / raspian so that XBMC (running on pi 1) can see it.

the "pi 2 NAS" is currently running on 192.168.1.115
Sabnzbd running on 192.168.1.115:8080
sickbeard running on 192.168.1.115:8081

Any help would be much appreciated Smile
Many thanks in advance
install samba an share the folder
If you only want Pi#1 to access content on Pi#2 then install install NFS on Pi#2, and add Pi#2 as an NFS source on Pi#1.

NFS is more in terms of CPU usage than Samba, so unless you want to share content to a Windows PC, NFS might be a better option - you might be able to play flawless NFS streams that buffer over Samba.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2rpis - add Raspian folder as XBMC video source??0