XBMC with DIRECTV
Question 
How can I use XBMC LIVE TV on XBMC FRODO 12 with DIRECTV. I would like to watch LIVE TV using XBMC with my DIRECTV. Obviously I would like to bypass my stupid DIRECTV BOX all together. But I don't know if that will be possible. I have the WinTV-HVR-2250, but I can buy whatever necessary.

The problem is the DIRECTV BOX has a authentication card in it.
there's no add-on that i know of that supports that directv box. these backends are currently supported: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR/Backend
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
(2013-03-11, 02:18)richardcuster38 Wrote: Obviously I would like to bypass my stupid DIRECTV BOX all together. But I don't know if that will be possible. I have the WinTV-HVR-2250, but I can buy whatever necessary.

The problem is the DIRECTV BOX has a authentication card in it.
What you are asking is not possible......you must not have the whole house setup with their latestGenie, because it is the best DVR I have to date.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
You can record one channel at a time from your set top box with an hdpvr and mythtv.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC with DIRECTV0