Separate audio settings for music and video
Hi

I am new to XBMC and I am already appreciating its capabilities, particularly the new audioengine.

I am running XBMC on a Windows 7 system mainly for listening to music from a NAS drive, but occaisionally for listening to internet radio streams and watching movies etc.

As I am mostly interested in music, I output audio over usb to a stereo DAC.

I am using wasapi have set the following settings in advancedsettings.xml to stream a signal that best suits my DAC and flac music collection:

<advancedsettings>
<audio>
<resample>48000</resample>
<forceDirectSound>0</forceDirectSound>
<audiophile>1</audiophile>
<audiosinkbufferdurationmsec>50</audiosinkbufferdurationmsec>
<allowtranscode44100>0</allowtranscode44100>
<streamsilence>1</streamsilence>
</audio>
</advancedsettings>

Which work while playing appropriate format (16bit 48khz) flac files as well as mp3 files and any other music format I've tried so far.

But, when playing internet radio streams or NAS hosted video files, the audio distorts (cracks,pops, fizzes,pauses etc).

So my questions are (1) is there a way to restrict the use of these advanced settings (or advancedsettings.xml in general - I do not have any advanced settings besides the audio settings above) to PAplayer and (2) can I set PAplayer to ignore these settings when playing an internet stream (I am assuming XBMC uses PAplayer to play internet radio streams)?

Thanks,
inf
See if the problem only occurs when resampling (i,e. playing non-48kHz streams). If so try the latest nightly.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Aha,

It seems that the resampling is the problem.

I will try the nightly build as suggested.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Separate audio settings for music and video0