Help Noobie Choose Player
Hello,
I am somewhat of a XBMC noob on mini pc / htpc.

Let me start out by saying I have had a moded xbox with xbmc on it for over 8 yrs now. It is great, but I want to have the ability to play higher quality up to 1080 p.

I just purchased a panasonic ar-100u projector. I want to get a player that will allow me to play 1080 p clean. I have most of my media stored on my mac pro connected to a wireless network. I am not sure that my wireless network would allow streaming, so I will likely hook up an external USB hd to whatever player I choose, wired connection to my mac is not an option.

Is installing openelec version of xbmc on a machine like the arctic-mc001 as simple as putting the program on a usb drive and then running it on the HTPC to install ?

I want to use the box as a tv tuner, and having recording ability would be great. Does anyone have any guides on setting this up in xbmc ?

Netflix would be great, can the openelec version of xbmc run netflix or any other streaming stations without having windows ?

Does anyone have a guide to completely setup a player like I have described ? I want to get a product that is tested, and everyone is confident about.

Thanks for your help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help Noobie Choose Player0