Win No sound via HDMI output
Hi just wondered if anyone could help me. I have been trying to play some movies through xbmc via the hdmi cable to my tv. The picture is playing wonderfully, however, the sound is still coming out of my pc speaker and not through the tv speaker. This is only happening through xbmc as all other media players are working fine. Is there something obvious i am missing?
Thank you for any help, much appreciated.
Adjust the xbmc audio settings. Select hdmi as the playback device.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146275
Thanks for the reply. hdmi is selected as the playback device but still no success. it is very frustrating because it works in all programmes except xbmc.
Have you got the HDMI device set in the two options towards the bottom of the audio settings:

Audio output device
Passthrough output device

These are after all the "capable receiver" settings and before "Play GUI sounds" option.

Note that Audio Output at the top does not change where audio is sent
Well, the audio output device doesn't seem to have an hdmi setting and the passthrough output device says 'Error - no devices found' so maybe a problem there?
UPDATE! i have just disconnected and reconnected the hdmi from the back of the tv and it now appears in the passthrough output device and audio output device. This didn't work when i disconnected it from the laptop, only from the tv. So all good now. Thank you for your advice though it got me on the right track.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No sound via HDMI output0