VOB subtitles missing at end of chapter
When playing MPEG2 VOB-content (DVD) I've noticed that at the end of each chapter in the VOB-file, the subtitles are not displayed. More clear, a few seconds (maybe 10 or so, difficult to time) before chapter end, subtitles are not shown, altough they are 100% existing in the file. When the next chapter begins, subs are shown directly from the start. The subtitles are contained within the VOB file.

Throughout the entire file, the subtitles are synchronized perfectly, it just that at end of a chapter they are not displayed.

Is this a known problem? Does anyone else have noticed this as well?
Besides the point: Why do people bust up the DVD session into exposed files? Why just not use the .iso container, that has mence advantages over busted-up.. FAT32 can not be the reason here.

My simpson episode .iso files subtitles work quite alright on my rasPI.
Your .iso files probable don't contain any chapters, so that's why it's working fine.

I guess the problem also occurs when playing iso files, but I didn't test that yet. I'll try later today and post the results.
I'm aware that at end of file, omxplayer drops out of main processing loop, and waits for submitted audio and video to play out (about 3 seconds).
I could imagine that subtitles won't appear during that time.

Now for VOB file, I don't know how the demuxer behaves - possibly we get an EOF condition at end of each chapter which causes loss of subtitles?

Create a trac ticket, so the issue doesn't get forgotton about. For now remuxing into an mkv (e.g. with makemkv) would probably provide a workaround.
Tested the issue using an ISO-file as well. Also here the subs are not displayed a few seconden before chapter endings.

I've created a ticket: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14193

Converting into mkv indeed is an option, maybe simply removing the chapters from the vob/iso works, I'll give it a try.
(2013-03-18, 13:26)kire1980 Wrote: Your .iso files probable don't contain any chapters, so that's why it's working fine.

Wrong. e.g. all Simpsons episodes contains original chapter structures. One episode has appx. 4 chapters..
Btw, are VOB files handled differently than ISO files?
Hi.

I have the same issue, when chaper is shifting in DVD/MPEG2/ISO playback. The Subtitel is missing, or just blink shurtly, before Next chapter :-(

Any solutions ?

Best regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VOB subtitles missing at end of chapter0