Information gathering on implementing XBMC
OK I am getting this NAS probably the end of next week. Right now I have Roku with the plex channel on it and plex media server running on my pc. I am sure plex will use the NAS without issue but the Roku is starting to buffer stuff due to transcoding via plex. I'd like to get a dedicated box to play the videos without transcoding them.

What would be the cheapest hardware I can get to implement XBMC on. Local storage would not be needed as everything would be on the NAS. Now I would guess Linux would be my os of choice as its free. Would I be able to implement an XBMC linux system say on a 32gb 64gb USB Flash Drive or SSD? I need a very small case to stick in the corner of my wall unit behind the TV.

I was thinking of an AMD A4-5300 cpu and getting a board ram case psu and storage for os/xbmc. I can get a 64gb usb flash drive for like 40 bucks. Most current motheboards will boot from a usb flash drive. Since all my storage will be on the NAS I really don't need anything local except for OS and XBMC. All I am concerned about is Linux having the correct drivers for the hardware I am getting so sound and video is supported. Audio actually will be passed over HDMI to the TV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Information gathering on implementing XBMC0