Player for TS files?
I have some transport stream files extracted from a (now retired Digifusion PVR. (These have a .pes extension)
In most cases, I have been able to use avidemux 2.5.4 to read and convert these files to Matroska (mkv) so that I can view from my XBMC box.

In a few cases, avidemux throws a fatal error "Assert failed: _run->nbPushed<MAX_PUSHED at line 278...", and fails to create the index file. In these cases, I've successfully used ProjectX to demux the stream file, then avidemux to remux and package into mkv container files.

However, there is one file that neither avidemux nor ProjectX can handle. Avidemux spits out the fatal error as before, and ProjectX spews out thousands of stream errors and, although it does create the m2v stream, it contains segments of deleted recordings. All this suggests that the disk has been corrupted.

BUT, and this is the weird part - this file can be played back in its raw stream - i.e. exactly as extracted from the Digifusion PVR - using VLC media player.

I've tried copying the file to the XBMC library, and changed the extension to .ts, but XBMC cannot play the file.

Anybody know what might be going on here?
Not sure what is going on, but by first suggestion is to have VLC convert it to something XBMC compatible.
also check the vlc debug information to see what this file is made of Smile
Thanks guys - I'll try these suggestions out and see what happens....
Or try Handbrake. I find transcoding in Handbrake is not much slower than running things through ProjectX, and you can address interlacing/subtitles/filesize while you're there.
Well, managed it in the end. I used ProjectX, and selected the TS output option. Still got a shed load of errors, but by tweaking the Settings I was able to get a playable .ts file for XBMC. I didn't convert to MKV format, just kept it as a transport stream. Got a few dropped packets, but ProjectX managed to keep audio in sync.
Thanks again for your suggestions.
For playing ts video files, if you have this ts converter, you can convert ts files to other video formats to compatible for playing.
It's odd that VLC could play the file but XBMC couldn't. Perhaps you should open a ticket about it. If you decide to do, download Mediainfo and include the output from the file in question (switch Mediainfo to text mode for easier copy-pasting).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Player for TS files?0