Help:Music Tagging Problem
I dont usually offer my opinions on these threads. I mainly read them and try my best to understand and learn new things. I say that because I'm not a very experienced user of XBMC but I think I have a suggestion to throw in here. Looking at the screens you posted, I honestly dont think that you have your music tagged correctly. Mp3tag can seem overwhelming at first but if you are willing to learn it, it could benefit you to properly use it to populate your tag fields. If you have bad or incomplete tag data, it would be almost impossible to have your library correct and complete. I'll give an example :

Your song title: Spyda; Fresh; Pendulum; Tenor Fly - Hold Your Colour[2005] - 08 - Tarantula.wma indicates some error in tagging. i would guess that Track#s 03, 04, and 06 are also improperly tagged. These are the songs from that album "hold Your Color" which have featured artists. If i am correct that you are still wanting your filename (for whatever reasons) to include artist/album/songtitle then in mp3tag your

artist and albumartist tag field should be Pendulum

Album tag should be Hold Your Color

Title Tag Field for 08 tarantula should be Tarantula (featuring Fresh, $pyda & Tenor Fly)

"Pendulum" / "Hold Your Color" / "Tarantula (featuring Fresh, $pyda & Tenor Fly)"
'Artist''/''Album''/''Song'' is what you wanted right?

I hope that can see that it has taken time for me totry to again explain the importance of tagging to you, (especially since i had to google translate some things in your images Big Grin)with that being said I also completely agree with the person who tried to explain to you before that this filename is not the reason for your artwork issues. So again before you blame xbmc for this issue I strongly suggest you head to the mp3tag forums or any other tool you want to use for tagging and familiarize yourself with their documentation. good luck
(2013-04-06, 18:13)ComputerGuru269 Wrote:
Paynemaster Wrote:This is how i made it with one artist. this looks any good to u?
Yes, text looks fine. Only thing I see is that you haven't added(embedded) coverart for it. Does that album not show artist name in XBMC? If not, back up one level from album level(like in your screenshot) to artist level, then right click that album and select "Scan into Library". Now open up that album again and see if fixed it. If that doesn't fix it, I don't know what else to suggest.

As for your XBMC image versus WelshPaul's, I noticed his screenshot was in "Library" mode, yours was in "File" mode. I'm not real familiar with XBMC yet so not sure what the difference is between modes or if there is any, but thought I'd mention it. I did discover though that I think you can't select "library" mode until you have scanned items into the library, which makes since. No point of letting user switch to library mode if nothings been scanned into it yet, lol.

Well the thing is i don't need any coverart having in my folders, because when xbmc recognizes the artist, its doing that automatically
Maybe anyone can change one music file from me and send it back to me so i can check if its working?
(2013-04-07, 20:00)iheartnerdz Wrote: I dont usually offer my opinions on these threads. I mainly read them and try my best to understand and learn new things. I say that because I'm not a very experienced user of XBMC but I think I have a suggestion to throw in here. Looking at the screens you posted, I honestly dont think that you have your music tagged correctly. Mp3tag can seem overwhelming at first but if you are willing to learn it, it could benefit you to properly use it to populate your tag fields. If you have bad or incomplete tag data, it would be almost impossible to have your library correct and complete. I'll give an example :

Your song title: Spyda; Fresh; Pendulum; Tenor Fly - Hold Your Colour[2005] - 08 - Tarantula.wma indicates some error in tagging. i would guess that Track#s 03, 04, and 06 are also improperly tagged. These are the songs from that album "hold Your Color" which have featured artists. If i am correct that you are still wanting your filename (for whatever reasons) to include artist/album/songtitle then in mp3tag your

artist and albumartist tag field should be Pendulum

Album tag should be Hold Your Color

Title Tag Field for 08 tarantula should be Tarantula (featuring Fresh, $pyda & Tenor Fly)

"Pendulum" / "Hold Your Color" / "Tarantula (featuring Fresh, $pyda & Tenor Fly)"
'Artist''/''Album''/''Song'' is what you wanted right?

I hope that can see that it has taken time for me totry to again explain the importance of tagging to you, (especially since i had to google translate some things in your images Big Grin)with that being said I also completely agree with the person who tried to explain to you before that this filename is not the reason for your artwork issues. So again before you blame xbmc for this issue I strongly suggest you head to the mp3tag forums or any other tool you want to use for tagging and familiarize yourself with their documentation. good luck

I totally agree with u that its about tagging and not xbmc, but i whas guessing that more xbmc users are having this kind of problem so thats why i created this thread. iam not sure if this song Spyda; Fresh; Pendulum; Tenor Fly - Hold Your Colour[2005] - 08 - Tarantula.wma is the best example. But iam not sure how to continue now Sad
Iam still stuck here. I don't know wich direction i should go now.
(2013-04-06, 16:27)WelshPaul Wrote: Sorry, maybe I'm being stupid, but isn't that what you were wanting to see - artist-album-song ?

To get back on ur post. yes that is what i whant. but the main goal is that xbmc recognizes the artist, so i get art, and the lyrics are in sync
Do what iheartnerz said, then when you go to XBMC scan the folder to library then go back to library mode and check your files have been read correctly. Then check the wiki about setting up a lyric file.
(2013-04-10, 15:57)Paynemaster Wrote:
(2013-04-06, 16:27)WelshPaul Wrote: Sorry, maybe I'm being stupid, but isn't that what you were wanting to see - artist-album-song ?

To get back on ur post. yes that is what i whant. but the main goal is that xbmc recognizes the artist, so i get art, and the lyrics are in sync
Based on the last screenshot of XBMC you posted, which was the one below, artist IS being recognized. So if that's your main goal, then problem solved. If not, perhaps you need to clarify EXACTLY what you are wanting/expecting XBMC to do that it currently isn't.

Your Last XBMC screenshot

By the way, just because an artist is recognized does not guarantee art. That is why I suggested earlier to do art and anything else manually as opposed to using a .auto tagger/art downloader.
Hello guys. got some things to say about my progress i changed the mp3 tagging as u people said i should do it. here is my result Image

Now its still not showing up he right way in xbmc Image

Now here is the thing! I tried it with the original disk and then its working like a charm. In that way it is like i should whant it.Image
Well, apparently you still didn't have tagging correct in the screenshot you posted above that you said is not how you want it. I notice the album title has [2005] at end of it, which it should not if tagged properly. It also says track number is 101, which is also incorrect. Tarantula should be track 8.

By the way, the one you say is working exactly how you want it to, is not showing album art. Is that what you want? I believe it also has the album year wrong if you want it to show the year of original album release, not re-release year. If so, it should be 2005 not 2007.
It appears based on your MP3 tag screenshot though that it is tagged correctly. Hard to tell for sure though since its not a screenshot of entire MP3tag window.

If tags are correct, then perhaps your problem is that you are not refreshing/redoing database properly in XBMC.
(2013-04-11, 01:36)ComputerGuru269 Wrote: Well, apparently you still didn't have tagging correct in the screenshot you posted above that you said is not how you want it. I notice the album title has [2005] at end of it, which it should not if tagged properly. It also says track number is 101, which is also incorrect. Tarantula should be track 8.

By the way, the one you say is working exactly how you want it to, is not showing album art. Is that what you want? I believe it also has the album year wrong if you want it to show the year of original album release, not re-release year. If so, it should be 2005 not 2007.

well iam getting the feeling it has being tagged correctly but xbmc is showing the old filename.
And about the one i said is working. Well i have to say its sort of working Tongue the thing iam happy about is that its showing some cover art and i see the arist name. the strange thing i don't understand is why its not showing cover albumHuh :S

(2013-04-11, 01:55)ComputerGuru269 Wrote: It appears based on your MP3 tag screenshot though that it is tagged correctly. Hard to tell for sure though since its not a screenshot of entire MP3tag window.

If tags are correct, then perhaps your problem is that you are not refreshing/redoing database properly in XBMC.

and that is the same iam also thinking of. something may goes wrong in xbmc. but i can't see what. Is it maybe possible that i send a one music file from the album so u can try what happends?
i don't understand why nobody is comming with the idea to check xbmc. i talked with someone on the MP3tag forum and he is also suggesting it has to do something with xbmc
Read your mail!!
(2013-04-11, 19:46)WelshPaul Wrote: Read your mail!!

i did. Now check ur mail Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help:Music Tagging Problem0