Req Preload movie from remote storage
I'm asking for feature which i miss in xbmc. I have remote ftp storage of movies, link to this storage is not fast enought to watch movies directly online. So i miss some feature, which i can use to start downloading to local storage for later. So i could start watching movie when half of it is downloaded to ma local (temporary) storage...
Not really a solution to what you're asking for, but you can set <cachememorybuffer>0</cachememorybuffer> in advancedsettings.xml and then xbmc will buffer the entire file to the hard drive. I helps a lot if your files stop to buffer again and again while you're watching. Not sure where the file gets stored, might be you could grab it once it's fully buffered.

More info can be found here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=advancedsettings.xml
This might become a project for the google summer of code 2013 (see the gsoc2013 forum under "Development")
Toonses:
Yes, i'm using this option right now and i'm happy with it. I was considering
<network>
<cachemembuffersize></cachemembuffersize>
</network>

Memphiz:
This is good news. I was considering about try to code this feature by myself, but if someone is working on it, i'll just wait and see what comming
It might ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Preload movie from remote storage0