Getting AudioCD name using ID tags
I currently have audio cd's that are extremely poorly names (Audio CD label, track1, track2 etc for file names), however when playing through XBMC, it still obtains all the album information correctly. I am assuming this is due to internal integration with freedb.

Is it possible to use this integration before the cd is actually played? I would like to obtain the correct title of the disk before playing it (i.e. querying freedb myself).

Any help is much appreciated!
Sorry for double posting, but I've exhausted every method I can think of. Once again, if anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated!
Can you be a little more specific? I can track down what XBMC is doing in the source code.

nvm, I think I understand, Lemme see what I can find.
try something like xbmcvfs.listdir("cdda://")

going through the cdda:// VFS protocol should trigger the CDDB info fetch
Garbear, thank you for that, it seems like a step closer. Using what you wrote I am getting a tuple of two things: an empty list, and a list of '01.cdda', '02.cdda' for every track on the album. However no disk information.

Just to confirm again, when I play the disk, all this information is suddenly available in the main xbmc interface.
OK, the cdda://local/01.cdda files are the VFS urls. Python's not my area of expertise, so I'm shooting in the dark, but try to resolve the url into an info tag - this might be possible through the list item interface. Like, tell xbmc that cdda://local/01.cdda is an audio file and then ask it for the audio file's listitem label. Hm.... good luck Smile
That definitely sounds like the right path, but since the .cdda files don't actually exist on the disk not sure how that would work. But, thank you for tip about the VFS protocol, it definitely seems to trigger a read of the disk.

I will keep trying, and of course, if anyone has any input on where I could go from here, please do let me know! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting AudioCD name using ID tags0