small and quiet/silent htpc/streamer
(2013-04-04, 16:10)jbrady3324 Wrote:
(2013-04-03, 23:28)raidflex Wrote:
(2013-04-03, 16:39)jbrady3324 Wrote: Gotcha. The transcoding will be minimal since it will only be transcoding dts to aac and remuxing the mkv container. The real transcoding will be when a mobile device wants to play video but that will be 1 device at a time and pretty rare. Sounds like the i3 is the way to go.

I want this box to be as small as possible. What are my options? The box would contain

1x cpu
1x mobo
1x 4gb ram
1x SSD

Most likely will run linux, but could decide to run Windows

I have this case: Realan i5 and have been very happy with it.

It is very small and made of all aluminum. They also have slightly larger sizes in case you need some extra room for a larger HSF and DVD-ROM.

It also is not in the pictures but the cases do come with an IR window for CIR devices.

Does it support a gpu if I ever decided to add one? What IR are you using in the case?

There is enough room for an expansion card, although not much. The problem is there is no opening in the back of the case to connect a monitor to it, the card would be internal.

I am using this CIR: Inteset CIR
Thanks for the help. I ended up going with the Relean e-i5 case
(2013-04-04, 22:15)jbrady3324 Wrote: Thanks for the help. I ended up going with the Relean e-i5 case

Its a great little case, just make sure your HSF is low profile.

I used this HSF: Dynatron T459
Thanks for your help Smile
(2013-04-03, 16:35)Dougie Fresh Wrote: OpenELEC will run on the Celeron 847 but not the Atom D2550.

OpenELEC won't work properly on an Atom D2550? Why is that? Can anyone confirm this for me please?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
small and quiet/silent htpc/streamer0