XBMC convert hd-audio to lpcm
Since osx does not support bitstream of hd-audio, Is XBMC able to convert hd-audio (DTS-HD, TrueHD) tracks to LPCM without any downsampling (similar to what old fat ps3s do)?
(2013-04-04, 20:12)jbrady3324 Wrote: Since osx does not support bitstream of hd-audio, Is XBMC able to convert hd-audio (DTS-HD, TrueHD) tracks to LPCM without any downsampling (similar to what old fat ps3s do)?

TrueHD yes.

DTS-HD no.

Reason is that ffmpeg i believe only decodes he core audio track in dts. A licensing thing i suspect.
Strange that the other versions of XBMC (Windows, Linux, OpenElec) support DTS-HD passthrough if this is a ffmpeg issue. From what I've read, this is an OSX issue, not a XBMC issue: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154755

I am curious if LPCM can send raw data via passthrough too though. Based on Davilla's post, I am not optimistic. Can any Dev's clarify?
TrueHD - decode by ffmpeg - output via LPCM - possible on osx (based on the statement of TheShoe)
DTS-HD - decode by ffmpeg - nope (licensing issue) - so no output via LPCM

Passthrough of any HD audio material - no - not supported by osx.

clear now?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I thought FFmpeg didn't bother to license any codec?

EDIT: From a quick google, it sounds like it's just something that is in-progress for ffmpeg. It isn't excluded due to licensing.
(2013-04-09, 12:16)Ned Scott Wrote: I thought FFmpeg didn't bother to license any codec?

EDIT: From a quick google, it sounds like it's just something that is in-progress for ffmpeg. It isn't excluded due to licensing.

You can - if you serch the makemkv forums - decode dts-hd and have it re-encode to flac with no loss in quality. Essentially you need to find a copy of he dts decoder dll used by various windows based home theater packages. Makemkv can load that dll (yes, even on the mac), decode the hd audio, and re-encode to flac all at the same time as ripping your movie to an mkv container.
Quote:You can - if you serch the makemkv forums - decode dts-hd and have it re-encode to flac with no loss in quality. Essentially you need to find a copy of he dts decoder dll used by various windows based home theater packages. Makemkv can load that dll (yes, even on the mac), decode the hd audio, and re-encode to flac all at the same time as ripping your movie to an mkv container.

I actually am having issues with the converted DTS-HD Track playing on XBMC 13 alpha 2. I am using 13 alpha 2 since 12, 12.1 and 12.2 pre are all crashing before they even open.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC convert hd-audio to lpcm0