Bluray Playback in Frodo (12.0)
Hi guys.

I was under the impression that Bluray playback was not integrated with the XBMC from Frodo 12.0.
I have PowerDVD 10 BD installed and Blurays play without a problem with this but when I try to play through XBMC I get a very brief disk spin up and then nothing.

Am I missing something here?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers
Vorm
I stream my BlueRay MainMovie .iso file dumps (no transcoding) using NFS from my NAS without any problems... It's been like this for a looong time.
Some more details of what exactly you're wanting to do in XBMC would help.

XBMC does not support playback of retail disc's unless something like AnydvdHD is running in the background.

XBMC will support playback of bluray disks or ripped images/folders that have had the encryption removed.

Frodo does not support BD-J menus found on the majority of retail disks so will ask you to select from a playlist.

For the full menu experience with a retail disk an external player such as PowerDVD 10 can be launch, see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=External_players & http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=43511
Thanks for the replies.

It is a retail disk I am trying to play and was trying to avoid going down the external player route although if I have to I will, obviously.

Will look into the AnyDVDHD. Is this the recommended route?

Cheers
Vorm
Officially playback of retail disc's within XBMC is not supported so the recommended route would be to use an external player, however running AnyDVDHD in the background to remove the encryption on the fly should allow you to do this if you're willing to pay for it, from what I remember there's a 21 day free trial period so you can try it out to see if it suits your needs when used in conjunction with XBMC.

Note - As running AnyDVDHD is not a configuration that's not officially supported if any problems are encountered it's up to the users to help each other out.
Thanks, jjd.

At 79.00 EUR it might well be the external player route but I have the 21 day free trial for now and will test this later.

I fully appreciate that this is not officially supported so thank you again for your assistance.

Vorm
I use Total media Threatre 5 for playing my retail BR discs. Others players can do it, but i find TMT5 does the nicest job. But if i own them, I use AnyDVDHD and Handbrake to convert them to .mkv. THey usually end up at 20-30gb.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bluray Playback in Frodo (12.0)0