No audio output?
I have my TV hooked into the back of my computer via HDMI (mini). Normally when I watch a movie I use VLC and simply "extend" the desktop onto my TV screen so as to mirror what is playing on my computer. I then go to "Playback Devices" in Windows7 (the speaker in the bottom right of the monitor) and switch from desktop speakers to TV and the audio comes out fine. After installing XBMC I can't figure out how in the world to output audio and I have tried everything. Even within XBMC itself, nothing. Can't figure out audio and that makes XBMC useless obviously.

Any help is greatly appreciated
I have my TV hooked into the back of my computer via HDMI (mini). Normally when I watch a movie I use VLC and simply "extend" the desktop onto my TV screen so as to mirror what is playing on my computer. I then go to "Playback Devices" in Windows7 (the speaker in the bottom right of the monitor) and switch from desktop speakers to TV and the audio comes out fine. After installing XBMC I can't figure out how in the world to output audio and I have tried everything. Even within XBMC itself, nothing. Can't figure out audio and that makes XBMC useless obviously.

Any help is greatly appreciated
merged, one is enough
(2013-04-10, 13:46)amet Wrote: merged, one is enough

Oh, awesome I seriously appreciate the help! All my audio issues remain unchanged!

Anyone...thanks
See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Aud...gure_audio
hehe I really should give up on forum help...
(2013-04-10, 13:57)jjd-uk Wrote: See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Aud...gure_audio

Yeah I have been reading this for awhile, I am about to attempt uninstalling anything related to Realtek. I am using a NVIDIA gpu but I have no idea what "WASAPI" is or if I'm using it?

I don't even have anything relating to Realtek audio, I only have Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver... would this matter?
Try setting:

Audio Output: Analog
Speaker configuration: 2.0
Audio Output Device: Directsound - HDMI*

*Exact name of device will vary depending on your set up, may include Nvidia for your GPU or your TV name

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No audio output?0