GSOC 2013 proposal
1) My idea is of creating different type of effects in video. Take a look at the below link which shows 1080p real time video filtering:
2) Color2gray (video will be shown in black and white to create an old movie effect). How current movie stars will appear in black and white movie, etc.
3) While watching video, we can take snapshots and we can do all kinds of stuff with it like image cloning.
Basically my idea is doing fun and entertaining part with the videos(user created)
Dont pull my leg if you dont like the idea...I am just expressing myself (I like creative stuff)
* ''How will I achieve this'': Will be done in c++. External image library OpenCV will be needed.
* ''What will the project focus on'': User created videos.
* ''Benefits'': User can do fun and entertaining stuff with this.
* ''Goals'': Implementing all of the above will be too much. Maybe cut down a bit or implement the feature which is needed first.
* ''What does it touch in XBMC'': I thing it will be good if we add this as a separate module(as a plugin maybe) so that the main XBMC code is not touched.
* ''Requirements'': c++, OpenCV.
* ''Possible mentors'': Place to add possible mentors (Team-XBMC will add this).
* ''forum/contact name''
Hi, I am Siddharth and I am currently pursuing MS by Research in the field of image processing at IIIT- Hyderabad, India
I am really sorry for messing up the wiki page...please remove my proposal from wiki page.
GSOC 2013 Proposal
Joined: Apr 2013
2013-04-11 19:29 Post: #1
(This post was last modified: 2013-04-11 19:31 by siddharth.)
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Arizona, USA
2013-04-12 01:06 Post: #2
(2013-04-11 19:29)siddharth Wrote: I am really sorry for messing up the wiki page...please remove my proposal from wiki page.
No worries, it was an easy fix :)
Joined: Feb 2011
2013-04-12 12:46 Post: #3
Is opencv available for all supported platforms?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Joined: Apr 2013
2013-04-12 13:20 Post: #4
Joined: Dec 2007
2013-04-12 14:49 Post: #5
Making the video renderers (or players) use OpenCV might be quite a lot of work.
Doing the suggested effects in shaders would be a lot simpler, obviously wouldn't work as well on embedded devices.
And it will be rather impossible to add this without touching xbmc code and as a plugin I am afraid. bobo1on1 did a download of the video for boblight IIRC which plugins can access, but that is more of "what is displayed" and less "let me modify what is displayed".
If you have problems please read this before posting
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Joined: Jul 2014
2014-07-28 08:05 Post: #6
I am trying to manage live streaming add on or you can say a button which start live video stream from camera attached over my Raspberry Pi. but i am not able to achieve it, i am getting all other stuff inside that app but as i click on the button which have live streaming function nothing happens. and in /.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log i get following lines
12:27:17 T:2910000144 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.SystemExit'>
Error Contents: <NULL>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.service.rahul/xbmc.py", line 32, in onControl
cap = cv2.VideoCapture(0)
Help please. Thanks in Advance
(This post was last modified: 2014-07-28 08:05 by rahul_jain.)