Control Denon AVR via XBMC/evenghost/other
(2014-01-06, 23:08)doug Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 22:03)Crotia Wrote: Awesome, thanks! Where did you get a list of all these commands? Or did you just go into the source for the web interface?

I just used the Denon web interface to change various settings and watched what was sent to the Denon IP address with Wireshark.

I primarily use those commands to switch inputs between my TV STB, game box, and xbmc and power on/standby, but it could probably be used in other cool ways with json-rpc.

Do you mind explaining how you did that? I'm trying to figure out how to play certain stations or turn on different zones
In Windows, install Wireshark. Start Wireshark and start monitoring network traffic. Go to the web interface of your Denon and change a setting. Wireshark will record the network activity. In the output shown in Wireshark focus only on the lines shown originating from the IP address of where the web interface is and with a destination IP address of your Denon. Start looking in the packet details for text like in my earlier posts. Write it down/test it in a simple script. That's pretty much it.
(2014-06-03, 06:01)doug Wrote: In Windows, install Wireshark. Start Wireshark and start monitoring network traffic. Go to the web interface of your Denon and change a setting. Wireshark will record the network activity. In the output shown in Wireshark focus only on the lines shown originating from the IP address of where the web interface is and with a destination IP address of your Denon. Start looking in the packet details for text like in my earlier posts. Write it down/test it in a simple script. That's pretty much it.

Awesome, thanks!

A bit more information for anyone else who is going to do this:
Protocol: HTTP
Info: POST /MainZone/index.put.asp
Actual command is in: Line-based text data expandable list
Hello,

I read you have problems changing the Volume.
You don't need to reengineer the Webinterface commands, it's even more simple.
Denon has an completely description of their API via Ethernet or RS232 interface. You just send easy commands to the Telnet Port.

http://www.awe-europe.com/documents/Cont...V7.1.0.pdf

This works even for AVRs that don't have a network interface and only a serial Interface (RS232).

So to you just connect via RS232 or Network (Port23) and send "MVUP" (which means Master Volume UP) and you are done. MVDOWN is for Volume Down.

So for testing you can do something on the console like:

echo "MVUP" | telnet 192.168.xxx.xxx

Regards Tobias
That seems interesting, I tried in in the command prompt and I get the following:
Code:
C:\Windows\system32>echo "MVUP"|telnet 192.168.1.72
Connecting To 192.168.1.72...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23:
Connect failed

Any idea?
Maybe the syntax on Windows is different - I only have linux. You can try on the Raspberry direct.
The following works for me:

sierra@laptop:~$ ssh root@openelec
##############################################
# OpenELEC - The living room PC for everyone #
# ...... visit http://www.openelec.tv ...... #
##############################################

OpenELEC (official) Version: 4.0.6
OpenELEC:~ # echo "MVUP"|telnet 192.168.1.36
OpenELEC:~ #

Edit: Which AVR do you have?
(2014-08-01, 20:47)sierra089 Wrote: Edit: Which AVR do you have?

I've got a Denon AVR-1713, I tried to telnet using Putty as well and it refused the connection, maybe the port is wrong =/
I just downloaded the API for your AVR - it is the same syntax, and it is also the telnet port 23.

http://assets.denoneu.com/DocumentMaster...V8.6.0.pdf

Is networking setup correctly on the AVR? Can you connect to the webinterface?
Yep, no problem connecting to the web interface - everything behaves properly there. It may be because I'm using a VPN to connect to my home - although since the web interface works fine I don't think its that. I'll try it again from home and let you know.
No luck from home either - which AVR do you have?
I have an Denon 3311. A little bit older, but if you have a look in the manual of the interface, the programming interface is the same. I did not read yours in detail, if you have to enable something first. With mine it worked out of the box. Did you try a firmeware upgrade? Otherwise i think you should contact the denon support.
the idea of making an addon for xbmc that allows youto control the receiver volume directly because of the passthru is really good.
(2014-09-04, 12:57)rodrigocoelho Wrote: the idea of making an addon for xbmc that allows youto control the receiver volume directly because of the passthru is really good.

Second that!
(2014-09-04, 22:28)p_ghas Wrote:
(2014-09-04, 12:57)rodrigocoelho Wrote: the idea of making an addon for xbmc that allows youto control the receiver volume directly because of the passthru is really good.

Second that!

Yes! This is exactly what I was searching to do. Sad that it appears no one has figured it out, or it's not even possible...
Aren't most newish Denon receivers controllable by TCP/IP? A quick Google search found this: http://openrb.com/wp-content/uploads/201...V7.6.0.pdf and http://www.denon.de/de/downloads/pages/i...0)_V01.pdf

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Control Denon AVR via XBMC/evenghost/other2