Bug PVR - Live TV will not start occasionally - Paging Magro?
Bug 
Hi guys,
I have been having a problem with Frodo and Live TV since day one.

My problem is that when I start live TV sometimes XBMC does not display the video stream (with the busy circle spinning) and after a few seconds XBMC crashes.
This does not always happen and only seems to occur after live TV has not been in use for a while. This issue has happened for me using both Media Portal and Argus TV.
With MePo, to get TV back I had to restart my HTPC. With Argus, a restart of XBMC is enough to get TV back.

I can test live TV using Argus only, and it is very quick to tune and begin recording with no problems. This can be played back with Media Player with no problems.

Here is my log from my last crash...Crash Log - Argus

And here is one from a crash with MePo TV server installed...Crash log - MePo

Thanks for looking and helping guys!
My HTPC A8-5400k APU, Asrock FM2A75-PRO4-M, 4GB Kingston HyperX, Samsung 830 64GB SSD, 4TB HDD Storage, Hauppage HVR-2200 Tuner, Silverstone LC-16M Case.
The only thing I see that is common to both log files is that both PVR addons are not able to communicate with the backend. Both PVR addon's have connection time-outs in their log files.
Are you sure that the backend is still running? Check also the log files of the TVServer itself...

The MePo related log file is not a debug XBMC.log file, so I can't tell why it crashed.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Hi

I´ve a Little issue with margro versión 12.2 and oficial 12.2 and not with 12.1 margro

Test this:

- Live TV
- select a channel of list
- I watch channel fastest way (perfect)
- Then select another channel (with number or chanel + or -) and then comeback to list of channels

This not occurs with 12.1 margro versión

Occurs with 12.2 offical XBMC and Margro's 12.2 recently upload

My environment:

RS DVBviewer 1.26 (with 1.25 also)
PVR DVBviewer (tested with all versions)

Thanks in advance
Hi there,

see here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=163469

and here the ticket:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14307

Maybe margo can take a look at it - happens on windows/linux with different pvr addons.
Channel switching from OSD list, +/- up/down and by numbers is not working - from epg channel switching is ok. Has been introduced with 12.2 and it a problem in latest nightlies. I'm investigating it (took a look at the pvr branch commits - seems it has been introduces at begin of April - at least what I found).

Would be really nice to get this fixed as my wife is driving me mad Sad

h3ll.
Thanks h3llsp4wn

(2013-05-10, 12:55)h3llsp4wn Wrote: Hi there,

see here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=163469

and here the ticket:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14307

Maybe margo can take a look at it - happens on windows/linux with different pvr addons.
Channel switching from OSD list, +/- up/down and by numbers is not working - from epg channel switching is ok. Has been introduced with 12.2 and it a problem in latest nightlies. I'm investigating it (took a look at the pvr branch commits - seems it has been introduces at begin of April - at least what I found).

Would be really nice to get this fixed as my wife is driving me mad Sad

h3ll.

Have anybody tested the last 3 or 4 nightly builds?

Cheers
Hi,

I'm testing all of them at the moment - I can confirm that all versions up to the 8th of May still have the bug. Will check the latest one today after work (if any).

Cheers

The version I at least can recommend is margo's 12.1 with channel switiching improvments - this one is working for me - and before you ask - his 12.2 with channel switching has the same bug.
(2013-04-29, 12:06)margro Wrote: The only thing I see that is common to both log files is that both PVR addons are not able to communicate with the backend. Both PVR addon's have connection time-outs in their log files.
Are you sure that the backend is still running? Check also the log files of the TVServer itself...

The MePo related log file is not a debug XBMC.log file, so I can't tell why it crashed.

Thanks for the reply Magro.
This issue for me has been stedily getting worse to the point that I can not view live TV if my HTPC has been on for any lenght of time before starting live tv.
To get it back, I have to restart XBMC. It was realy killing the WAF.

I checked at the last time it crashed and Argus Recorder and scheduler services were still running.

I have installed NextPVR to check to see if it has the same issue and at the moment it seems to be rock solid. I think I have saved the WAF for now, but I am no wiser as to why ARGUS was acting up for me when so many have had great success with it...

Thanks for looking into it for me. Smile
My HTPC A8-5400k APU, Asrock FM2A75-PRO4-M, 4GB Kingston HyperX, Samsung 830 64GB SSD, 4TB HDD Storage, Hauppage HVR-2200 Tuner, Silverstone LC-16M Case.
Hi Nimrod,
I've been having the same issue more or less (XBMC didn't crash, the addon threw an unknown error, nothing in the addon logs like it didn't get any request) - tried NextPVR and ArgusTV so far. I'm going to try MP but it really seems like an XBMC issue.

Please report.. and if anyone fixes this - PLEASE share :-)

Thanks
Nir

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR - Live TV will not start occasionally - Paging Magro?0