show movieinformation screen
I'm writing a speech control app using CMU pocketsphinx (to keep it as portable as possible)
When I say the name of a movie I want to go to the info for that movie, rather than just playing it.
is there a way to go to the info screen for a particular movie (if you know the movie ID) with JSON ?
thanks,
Steve.
Well you can try :

Code:
{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "GUI.ActivateWindow", "params": { "window": "video", "parameters": [ "videodb://1/2/XX" ] }, "id": 1 }

For more recent build of Xbmc (Post 7th april) perhaps needs change to :

Code:
{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "GUI.ActivateWindow", "params": { "window": "video", "parameters": [ "videodb://movies/titles/XX" ] }, "id": 1 }

Edit : Does not work Smile Should be movieinformation but this one does not take param and use current gui selected item and does not return from json query.
But the test does confirm that post 7th april queries must use the new path Sad
Yup the movie info dialog is completely tied to the currently selected item on the screen and can therefore not be triggered from JSON-RPC unless you have the icon focused and then execute the "info" action.

Concerning the videodb:// path, it should still work with the old paths as long as it's just the base paths i.e. "videodb://1/2/" etc. That's what happens if you rely on stuff that is not meant to be used by anything else than xbmc's internals Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Well sorry but this is not the case Smile

Try { "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "GUI.ActivateWindow", "params": { "window": "video", "parameters": [ "videodb://1/2/" ] }, "id": 1 } on last builds Smile

And I'm far from the only one to use this :p This is a common hack Smile (Remember no access to actors / no access to tags and much more Smile )

Edit : And TBH when HTTP was removed with not everything available in JSON, it's normal users search ways to get the same things as long as there's no official replacement Smile
(2013-04-23, 21:25)Tolriq Wrote: Well sorry but this is not the case Smile

Try { "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "GUI.ActivateWindow", "params": { "window": "video", "parameters": [ "videodb://1/2/" ] }, "id": 1 } on last builds Smile
I tried it once a while before the PR was merged (took forever until someone looked at it) and back then it worked. Will give it a try when I have a spare minute on the weekend maybe.

(2013-04-23, 21:25)Tolriq Wrote: And I'm far from the only one to use this :p This is a common hack Smile (Remember no access to actors / no access to tags and much more Smile )

Edit : And TBH when HTTP was removed with not everything available in JSON, it's normal users search ways to get the same things as long as there's no official replacement Smile
And as the word "hack" states it's not official and it's not supported.
And concerning the removal of HTTP API I asked the community a lot of times what they were missing and I got some feedback but not much and always from the same people so anyone who didn't speak up had a chance for almost two years.
[/and that's it for the off topic discussion]
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
To finish on that I won't debate on all that was asked and by me too for FRODO this is sterile discussion on past Smile

About hack I give this name now that you have officially stated after it's break that it's not official and supported. I've never seen anyone say don't use videodb:// it's bad and forbidden.

For example a quick search gives :

(2012-09-18, 15:12)Montellese Wrote: musicdb:// and videodb:// are internal paths but there's no code stopping you from using such paths in Files.GetDirectory. You can also use addons:// path (literally anything that xbmc's virtual filesystem supports) but you won't be able to retrieve the metadata.

Returning the "artist" field as a string makes perfect sense for musicdb://2/ because that's the same as calling AudioLibrary.GetArtists which will also return a string for "artist" and not an array because it doesn't make sense to list multiple artists as the name for a single artist.

Smile

But as I said this is sterile discussion about past, but please for ease for everyone do communicate more on things and changes Smile (See discussion at end of JSON thread).
And to get back to the videodb thing.

This can't work only GetQuickpathName know videodb://1/2/ but this function is never called anywhere.

Edit : And IMO when breaking backward compatibility it should be broken everywhere or keeped but having things that work in some case and not in other for the exact same thing is quite weird.
@Montellese: Can you add a comment in the thread "JSON RPC: Important changes" http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98551 to indicate that the internal videodb:// paths have changed in json rpc version somewhere around 6.3.0.

I patched my app to support the new urls but it may be useful for others to know in which version of json-rpc this has changed.
So, if it's not possible to jump to the movieinformation screen for a particular movie directly with json.
is it possible to activate the search dialog with json and then send a search string to the pop-up keyboard ?
thanks,
Steve.
sounds cool! What else can your app do?
this thread is getting a little off-topic and confusing, Millencolin007 mentions an app also but if your asking about my (speech control) app,
currently allows voice selection of music by artist name and movies and things like triggering cleaning / updating of library etc.
Steve
Cool. Also controlling the players (pause, skip, etc)? Is this for personal use only or do you have any plans to release this work?
(2013-04-27, 02:20)Robotica Wrote: Cool. Also controlling the players (pause, skip, etc)? Is this for personal use only or do you have any plans to release this work?

I'm going to release it but it will be along with my remote control (I'm the founder of http://www.amuletdevices.com) .
The Amuletdevices remote is currently sold to the Microsoft Mediacenter market, but I want to expand that to include XBMC users.
If your not familiar with the Amulet remote check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgfdij-ES74 and here's one with a
killer feature , voice control of TV programs in an EPG. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4jltTysxE4

I'm not going to "specifically" enable commands like pause and skip on the XBMC version, my reasoning for that is,
a lot of the time when speech sceptics comment on a speech enabled device or app, they will say things like,
"that's crap, it's easier to press the play button than it is to say play etc..." this ignores the real value in having speech control
which is the ability to reach media instantly that is buried under several menu's. So I'm going to avoid any of that kind of negative comment
and concentrate on the killer features such as just saying the name of an artist and having XBMC start playing songs by that artist
immediately , without any menu navigation etc. or saying a date and time and having XBMC jump to that in the tv guide timeline.
(assuming XBMC JSON will support that kind of thing one day).

A user will be able to implement play, pause etc as I've implemented a user commands file. it's just a plain text file where you can put a JSON
string and beside it the word/words you want to say to trigger that command.

Steve.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
show movieinformation screen0