• 7(current)
Solved Chapter Selector Window
Thank you for the explanation. I figured there was a rhyme and reason to what was going on.
Nice work again 999unreal. Thanks! Have really been missing the focus thing :-)

I'm adding the custom chapter files to my concert MKVs only for the moment. That's where I really need it. Would be too much work to add to all the movies and whatnot. Hopefully embedded chapter solution is going to look as nice as this.
(2015-01-17, 17:19)vidarak Wrote: Nice work again 999unreal. Thanks! Have really been missing the focus thing :-)

I'm adding the custom chapter files to my concert MKVs only for the moment. That's where I really need it. Would be too much work to add to all the movies and whatnot. Hopefully embedded chapter solution is going to look as nice as this.

@vidarak
Me too.
This function is necessary in the music video.
But,it is a little troublesome.
If the next version is work on your environment, it will become easier.

Finally I support the embedded chapter for mkv files.
It automatically creates a thumbnail on the fly.
Now, it is running in my environment.
Btw. I can add that for an MKV I have with ~80 chapters (individual songs), the loading time of the chapter selector becomes an annoyance, + it becomes tedious/slow to scroll down the list as it has some lagg. Hopefully the v15 integrated solution has some optimization there.
(2015-02-16, 23:03)vidarak Wrote: Btw. I can add that for an MKV I have with ~80 chapters (individual songs), the loading time of the chapter selector becomes an annoyance, + it becomes tedious/slow to scroll down the list as it has some lagg. Hopefully the v15 integrated solution has some optimization there.

@vidarak
WOW. 80 chapters?
The size of the thumbnail?

About the size of the thumbnail is large it is unfavorable.
Good 360x200 or less.
Since xbmc(kodi) are using cache from second time. Each time, it does not reads thumbnail from media directory.
For this reason, I think it can not be faster than this.
Or Method that does not use the thumbnail.
I'm actually not using thumbnails here for now. Just using chapter.txt files which i generate quite fast by flipping columns of chapterinfo i extract with MediaInfo from the .mkv.

The ~80 chapter stuff are simply compilations of some surround sound music with 5fps video just showing song title.

It takes several seconds just to show the chapter list.
Chapter selection with thumbs was added to the bookmarks dialog today. Chapter files are currently not supported.
So that will be a v15 Isengard feature?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yes, should be in the next nightly.
Yah, with this and the new skip feature things are moving along.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-03-02, 23:15)Ace Wrote: Yes, should be in the next nightly.

Will it need the external .txt file? Or will it work with most anything with chapters?

EDIT: NVM, I see you said you don't in a previous post.
@Ace

Is there anything i could do so that the chaptername begin on the left side ? So it is too much on the right side.

Have you checked to make sure it's not a problem with the skin by switching back to Confluence, as I've not seen anything like that when testing this.
I think we should trim the chapter name. Can you check if there's whitespace at the beginning?
Ok sorry my fault, with Confluence all looks good.

Thanks for the fast answers.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chapter Selector Window3