Is my hardware enough? I'm getting Stuttering
I was attempting to play two video's last night to validate that my rig was up and running sufficiently.

I'm using XBMCuntu 12.1 for AMD

P5W-DH Motherboard with integrated 1Gb NIC (connected at 1Gb)
E6600 Core 2 Duo (Dual Core)@ 2.4Ghz
Radeon 5450 1Gb RAM by ASUS
USB 16Gb Kingston Install

Was using the "Birds" and HDDVD tests when stuttering occurred. Monsters worked fine.

http://www.auby.no/files/video_tests/

Storage is on a NAS with 4 drives where I get 120MB/s throughput between my main desktop and NAS. No stuttering on XBMC with that system (hexacore, etc).
What's the settings in xbmc set to? 60hz? 50hz?

You tried it with a locally attached drive with media on it?

Tried openelec?
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2013-04-26, 19:15)jammyb Wrote: What's the settings in xbmc set to? 60hz? 50hz?

You tried it with a locally attached drive with media on it?

Tried openelec?
60hz. I have not tried with locally attached storage and plan to do so tonight. I also plan to replace the NIC with an Intel Pro NIC just incase. I have not tried openelec.
Try 50hz
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Sometimes I have to switch the audio source from HDMI to Optical/Coax depending on the video type.
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
Fractal Design Node 605 (looks amazing)
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
2x80GB Intel 320 SSD, 4TB NAS
GTX 670x2 SLI, 16GB GSkill Ares
Onkyo RC360 with Paradigm piece-by-piece 5.1 build
Nyxboard and AHK full controlled via XBox Controller
try changing audio output device to Directsound (if available)

The birds clip is known for bringing otherwise normal HTPCs to their knees, while most other stuff will be fine. I hear that not many hardware decoders like it.
Let me ask a question,.....do you see any stuttering of any of your movies or videos,...if not,....then you don't have a problem.

This to me, is similar to people running the CPU temp load tests. Which in my opinion prove nothing. In other words,..the system will probably never overheat, in even above normal usage. Why worry yourself over the extreme outlier that may never happen unless you force it to overheat.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is my hardware enough? I'm getting Stuttering0