XBMC on Android
I'm looking at getting an HTPC. I have been looking at building a windows based HTPC, and have installed XBMC on my desktop to play with. Everything runs really slick and smooth.
Big thank you to all the developers here.
But I've also been thinking of getting an Android box. I installed XBMC 13.0 on my phone. HTC one X running Android 4.1 (Jellybean). The phone has a quad core 1.5 ghz processor, so it is faster than any of the android boxes that are currently available.
XBMC runs ok, but some of the video add ons don't work. Also I get a slight stutter when playing bluray ripped video. The same video plays perfectly smooth on the Windows desktop.
So, will it get better on Android, is there some new fancy device coming.
Building a Windows box will cost a whole lot more, but if it's the only way to get smooth playback, then I guess I will go that way.
Pivos Xios and Ouya. Don't make the mistake (as many have made) to think any cheap Chinese android box will run XBMC good enough.
playjam's gamestick is worth mentioning too.
(2013-04-29, 20:19)Nu7s Wrote: Pivos Xios and Ouya. Don't make the mistake (as many have made) to think any cheap Chinese android box will run XBMC good enough.

What about GBox Midnight? Does it worth the money for it?
OpenELEC on a Celeron 847 based system is an option too. It doesn't have to be Windows or Android.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Android0