Artist Bio / Info During Playlist Screensaver
When I select a song browsing through my library, I can use <label>$VAR[value_nowplayingplot]</label> in Aeon MQ4's MusicVisualisation.xml to display the artist biography in screensaver mode, but if I play songs through a playlist (regardless of whether songs are added in Library or File mode), no artist info displays.

Is there a different xml label or is this an xbmc limitation?
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
Had the same problem. I think it's because the now playing labels are linked to the focussed list item. Once you move away from that focus it loses what info to call up.

If no one comes back with a simple answer I came up with a convoluted work-around that I'm happy to share, though convoluted may be a humungous understatement;.
One possible work-around I thought of, but would be way too much trouble, is copying Artist Bio to song ID3 tags. That's not what you did, is it?
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
Exactly that, Not just for the problem you mention though. It was more because nfo files don't really work for various artists or for classical music, where a symphony in 4 parts may have loads of info about each part. I also found that with various artists or assorted singles you were always stuck with the album cover of the first track.

So the short form solution for me was:
- Scraped as much as possible in XBMC
- Exported music database sheets to excel (or open offce calc in my case) using sqlliteadmin
- Used lookups to organise data into import sheet for mp3tag
- Set up comments and lyrics in mp3tag as multiline fields
- Imported data into mp3tag - very small increase in file size of the mp3.
- Amended the info for tracks I wanted to change - symphonies, various artists, etc - not an overnight job admittedly.
- Amended script-Lyrics-main.xml (or in your case screensaver.xml) to pull in info I wanted.

If you really want to follow that path very happy to give further info on how I did it, but I've a nasty feeling some dev is just going to say "you could have just put something in advanced settings to achieve the same thing".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Bio / Info During Playlist Screensaver0