unable to use player.open
Hi

im using home automation solution for controlling XBMC (frodo on raspberry)

i created a scene to start specific playlist using:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 1, "method": "Player.Open", "params": {"item": {"playlistid": 0}}}

as a result i get blank screen showing the name of playlist but it never starts playing. It seems like it tries ti pley the playlist file itself and oes not take it as playlist... :S

any suggestions what to try? I tested using playlist name and the result is same

and also, where can you get the playlist id's? I i have 1 playlist so i tried id's 0 to 2

thanks!
This is not how it works Smile

Player.Open with playlistid will play a specific item from the internal playlists (audio / video / pictures) by default start a 0 by position parameter is there for that Smile

To play a real playlist if it's stored in Xbmc playlists then you must use the file parameter with special://musicplaylists/xxxx when xxx is the name of your playlist.
would this be correct?

{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.Open","params":{"item":{"file":"special:\\profile\playlists\music\123.m3u"}}}

EDIT
I'm back at the beginning
im sure this should work as it goes to now playing screen and shows dance.m3u but it does not start playing. Like it cant find the file. if i directly select file from the browser then it plays ok!
Also in now playng it displays like trying to play the m3u file not the files inside

{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.Open","params":{"item":{"file":"special://profile/playlists/music/dance.m3u"}}}

EDIT2
i tested w single file and this works ok
{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.Open","params":{"item":{"file":"smb://wdtvlivehub/WDTVLiveHub/Media/Music/Fergie - The Dutchess/01 - Fergalicious.mp3"}}}

whats w the m3u?
actually found this posted by youSmile

"There's a stupid bug in Xbmc about m3u files
They are tagged as pictures playlist (still wondering why ??)

The simple solution :

You just need to add the following in your advanced settings in Xbmc installation
<pictureextensions>
<remove>.m3u</remove>
</pictureextensions>"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
unable to use player.open0