Networked computer inaccessible from Xbmc until accessed via explorer
I really didn't know how to ask this but here's what's happening.

I've my XBMC box retrieves all video from my server which is wirelessly networked. Simple enough. If I don't access the networked computer from the xbmc box for a period of time XBMC will say file doesn't exist until I open windows explorer and access the drive from there... Kinda waking it up. But the server isn't asleep as I will be working on it and my XBMC box still thinks it's not there - until I access it. I have to minimize XBMC and access windows explorer just to allow XBMC access to the server. PITA.

Is there any way to make this stop?

Weird description of the situation, sorry but I don't know how to describe it.
Do you have the share mapped as a drive? Does it behave as describe in either of these two links?
If so, you can try the workarounds in the linked articles. Or, you can TRY to access the shares via UNC mapping -- i.e. \\servername\sharedfolder\subfolder. I have XBMC setup to use the UNC mapping and haven't noticed such issue.

Good luck.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
Nice! It is the red x problem but I didn't mention that as I didn't think of that as a factor. I'm going to try that reg edit when I can.

Thanks dude!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Networked computer inaccessible from Xbmc until accessed via explorer0