External Player for Internet streams!
Hi all,

Ok, so i have read the thousands of different threads on setting up external players (including the one BLUray posted) for this and that and i am happy to say that i have learnt a lot and have been able to do a few cool things. I am however stuck on this one problem.

I have set up an external player (PowerDVD) to play all bluray movies and 3D movies stored on my laptop - This work perfectly.

What i wanted to set up was ANY VIDEOS that i stream (from the popular add ons) that are 3D to be played by an external player. Now so far i have managed to get the streams to play in VLC however as VLC doesnt work with 3d vision its not good (but it does play the file). I have also managed to get PowerDVD and TMT open when you click on the links online however they do not play internet streams (dont think they have that feature).

The problem is that when i then try and set up the stream to open with Nvidia 3d vison player or Stereoscopic player, i can see the programs running in the background in task manager but they don't come to the front or play the stream.

Just to confirm, i have copied the URL for the video and manually opened it from the application and it plays the stream fine, it just doesn't play the stream from XBMC.

i am unable to attach the playercorefactoy.xml however here is a pastebin link. Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
TD
Just to confirm and clarify, i am trying to get the 3D videos from the add ons to play in an external player...anyone?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External Player for Internet streams!0