Win Occasional audio/video stuttering
Hi,
I have been using XBMC frodo for a few months. Generally all audio and video formats play well.
Unfortunately, once in a while the audio and video stutter for a few seconds.
I have gone over the forums and read various reports on stuttering issues but my problem does not seem to match them.
I have tried troubleshooting using [Windows] HOW TO - Trouble Shoot Audio (from Frodo).
I have also tried disabling services and plugins as suggested in Windows Playback stutter after some minutes.

It happens for all media types I have used (mp3, aac, DTS, DD 2.0, DD 5.1, DTS-HD, SD, 720P, 1080P).
I have found no consistency to the timing or duration; anything between a few minutes and a few hours can pass between occurrences. However, it is rare that more than an hour of watching passes with no stutter at all. The stutter can be hardly noticeable or last as long as 5 seconds.
Each time I tried to replay the stuttering part it played smoothly.
Looking at the debug log I have found reports of discontinuity from the player consistent with the stuttering times (however, I have also found some of those where I did not notice stutters in playback).

Setup:
  • Windows 8x64
  • AMD Athlon 64X2 5400+
  • 4 GB RAM
  • ATI Radeon HD5450 with Catalyst 13.4 (tried also 12.1, 13.1)
  • (onboard ATI HD3200 and Realtek audio both disabled)
  • AVR - NAD T757
  • TV - Panasonic 65ST50
  • XBMC - Frodo 12.2 (tried also 12.0 and 12.1)
  • Media resides locally

This debug log show the issue at 15:04:07 - 15:04:11

I would appreciate any suggestions/help.
The log is showing jsonrpc queries, so are you sure the Webserver & Remote Control settings under Services are disabled?
After closing services and plugins for a few days showed no change in behavior I have resumed using them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Occasional audio/video stuttering0