Req More advanced subtitles options
From Frodo you can watch LiveTV. LiveTV often is in a native language, and the broadcasts then often support subtitles for hearing impaired people. Normally you don't need these subtitles, but if the default video setting enables subtitles you have to manually disable the subtitles. I have subtitles enabled by default, since in my case the audio track of most movies are in a foreign language, and I prefer to use subtitles then.

I think it is a good idea to improve the subtitles settings to solve this issue.
- One option can be to have an option to conditionally enable subtitles only if the audio track is foreign. For this option, you need some language information about the different tracks, which might not be available for all sources.
- Another option can be to allow different video settings for different sources (LiveTV/Videos/Movies/Series). Within the LiveTV, you can even have different settings per channel.
I support this Feature Request. I tend to watch a lot of foreign shows that offer multiple audio/subs. I find that with some shows I prefer EN Audio/No Subs and other shows I prefer Native Audio/EN Subs. Is it possible to add a script to pick audio/sub preferences per show? As of right now it seems that it is a master preference. Or something simple for those willing to do the work allow us to add .nfo files that define preferences for shows we add the .nfo file to?
There's already an excellent add-on that allows you to define rules for selecting audio and subtitle language, though I'm not sure whether or not it works with LiveTV -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153783

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
More advanced subtitles options0