Downgrade from Frodo to Eden and keep database?
I upgraded one of my ATV2 to Frodo 12.2 from Eden and everything initially looked OK so I forged on and upgraded my other 2 ATV2s as well. The first is still mostly working. It does have some strange quirks but at least it doesn't crash back to the ATV2 menu. The others are afflicted with the same issue that many have reported here, ie if you start playing something it will keep working fine but if you leave it in any of the XBMC screens it will crash back to the ATV2 menu after a few minutes.

On one of them I have tried Davilla's test build and also the latest nightly to no avail. I think my best option right now is to go back to the Eden release which was pretty much rock steady for me. I should have stuck to my usual "If it's not broken don't fix it!!!" but I wanted to see what the new version had :-(

I have a LOT of information in the video/music databases on each of the ATVs. My question now is if I install the Eden release what happens to the database? Is it hosed? I hope not!!! If it is I am going to have to spend hours looking at the current setup and manually writing down what has and hasn't been watched etc. and then manually set things as watched in a new database if it has to be rebuilt.
Eden copies of your DB still exist from when you first installed Frodo, reinstalling Eden should be smooth for the DB, as Eden will just resume using that older DB that was left over.

The real trick is add-ons, since they've been updated to Frodo versions. I would nuke the addons folder (in the XBMC folder that contains the userdata folder) and then reinstall them when you are back on Eden, in order to get clean Eden copies of all add-ons.
Thanks Ned. I'll see what I can work out over the weekend. I also saw in another thread that one user's crashing issues have been fixed by another test release by Davilla. I might give that a go too. Got nothing to lose! I'd prefer to get Frodo working and stay current. I do know that whatever I get going, be it Eden or Frodo, it will be the last version that my ATV2s ever run unless there is some absolutely necessary reason to upgrade.
So far so good with the latest test build from Davilla! I've updated 2 of my ATVs with it and neither have crashed while sitting at the XBMC main menu for about half an hour. They would have crashed within a few minutes with the official Frodo build and Davilla's previous test build.

Now I just hope there are no other issues with it being a test build. If all stays well I don't think I will be upgrading again for a VERY long time.
I thought all was good but it is still crashing back to the ATV2 main menu. It takes a lot longer to do though, perhaps overnight where it would crash within a few minutes with the "stable" Frodo release. I'll live with this for now. Hopefully Davilla's next release will fix it completely.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Downgrade from Frodo to Eden and keep database?0