Win Choppy Video no Audio
http://pastebin.com/MkR3zsMR#

Hope I did this right, all of the threads I searched did not solve my problem.

I was hoping upgrading from 12 - 12.2 would fix my issues but it does not.

Some movies I play work just fine, and they are the same file format and quality as the ones that do not play.

Above is a log of a movie that does not play with XBMC. I am not sure why? I have tried playing with settings and nothing changes.

I have been able to fix it, I restart my computer multiple times and try it each restart, and sometimes it works?

I have no trouble playing anything with PowerDVD.

i7 2600k running normal speeds
8gb of ram
ATI Radeon HD 5570
windows 8

If you see some setting, or anything I am missing it would be really nice to be able to use XBMC for everything and not switch around.

Thank you
Been doing some trouble shooting.

I deleted my settings data and re-installed everything, after changing one setting back at a time, I notice that it is when I change my audio setting from Analog to HDMI that makes playback glitchy and when I just changed it back it locked up XBMC and wouldnt even give me a task manager window to kill xbmc... I had to log off and log back on.

I am doing some more trouble shooting, but the trial and error ive done in the past to fix this issue is a huge pain, as the things that fix it are not always the same...

Any idea what this might be is greatly appriciated.
What type of audio do you have? Do you have a receiver or your just using the TV speakers?

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
I have a Yamaha RX-V671 with about 2400$ in a 5.1 speaker setup.
How is your Yamaha plugged to your XBMC? Set the audio to what your using to get the audio from your PC to your Yamaha then set speakers to 5.1 and turn on the AC3 for receiver and turn and if Directsound doesnt, try the other.

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
You are trying to play a video with DTS-HD MA audio using the Directsound HDMI audio device entry, using a Directsound device is the likely cause as HD audio playback is not possible with Directsound, you must use the WASAPI HDMI device entry for HD audio playback.

Change both "Audio output device" & Passthrough output device" in XBMC's audio settings to the WASAPI option.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choppy Video no Audio0