Win Subtitles will NOT turn off
I meant the way plex has it that while selecting a video you have the menu right there to select the audio and subtitles, etc. the fact that this is all controlled via remote with no external programming for the remote itself is just the way an HTPC software should be...The new feature I like is that I can tell xbmc to use local data only, at this time it is the reason I am re-trying xbmc.
I am still hoping for a very user friendly db package to go along with it so sharing settings throughout the household and world are easy as with plex, the upnp method is clunky at best. I just wish I could mash these tewo programs together then it would be perfect Smile but oh well, I will wait patiently until one of them is actually matured enough then make a permanent decision.
Keep up the good work
unRAID 6.6.6 Pro 64TB AZZA Helios 910, GIGABYTE Z97X-UD5H/ Intel i5-4460, 16GB G.SKILL Sniper Series DDR3 1833, EVGA 1050G Supernova PS, 4 x iStarUSA BPN-DE350SS Cages, 2 x SUPERMICRO 8-Port Controllers, 2 x WD 4TB (PARITY 1&2), 10 x WD 4TB (ARRAY), 6 x WD 3TB (ARRAY), 3 x WD 2TB (ARRAY), 1 x EVO 240GB SSD (CACHE), 1 x CRUZER FIT, AVR-x3400H, LG-UBK80, QLED 6f
(2014-04-21, 04:33)icedragonslair Wrote:
(2014-04-21, 00:12)nickr Wrote:
(2014-04-20, 22:46)icedragonslair Wrote: Mine is doing the same thing all mkv, and they are in the container as separate files and can be removed permanently but I shouldn't have to. I only use a remote no keyboard (mc remote) but there should be a way to do this, especially with v13 Beta 3
Plex has a neat little screen when selecting to play the video that allows you to select subtitles and audio stream yet it is based on xbmc, is there any hope of getting something like this or are we still stuck with another media center

Map a remote key to T. Job done.

Still thinking this should be a regular feature in xbmc
It is a regular feature for heaven's sake. Just because you haven't mapped a key properly doesn't detract from the fact that the subtitle controls are there to be used.

(2014-04-21, 05:58)icedragonslair Wrote: I meant the way plex has it that while selecting a video you have the menu right there to select the audio and subtitles, etc. the fact that this is all controlled via remote with no external programming for the remote itself is just the way an HTPC software should be...The new feature I like is that I can tell xbmc to use local data only, at this time it is the reason I am re-trying xbmc.
I am still hoping for a very user friendly db package to go along with it so sharing settings throughout the household and world are easy as with plex, the upnp method is clunky at best. I just wish I could mash these tewo programs together then it would be perfect Smile but oh well, I will wait patiently until one of them is actually matured enough then make a permanent decision.
Keep up the good work
If you prefer plex, use plex, or get writing code.

You can get a refund on XBMC at the door.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-04-21, 05:58)icedragonslair Wrote: I meant the way plex has it that while selecting a video you have the menu right there to select the audio and subtitles, etc. the fact that this is all controlled via remote with no external programming for the remote itself is just the way an HTPC software should be...The new feature I like is that I can tell xbmc to use local data only, at this time it is the reason I am re-trying xbmc.
Keep up the good work

You mean select subtitles being on or off before playback? It's possible to add that via skinning and add-ons. That's not something I've seen anyone else do, though. I guess Plex does it, but that sounds more cluttered to me than useful. How many times would someone even want to change subtitles? I prefer not having to turn anything on or off per video and just have XBMC handle it, like with language preferences, subtitle defaults, etc. If I need something really complex then XBMC can automatically select or disable add-ons using this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153783

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles will NOT turn off0