Reputation?
I was going to send this question to a moderator but I'm unsure how so I am posting here.

I just noticed I have a -6 reputation and am confused why. I followed the link in my rep to find a post from 2011 where someone who now has a closed account gave me a bad rep for saying i was posting in the wrong forum section when it appears i was in the right one anyway. I dont know why he/she was so quick to take a stab at me but I dont feel this is deserved.

I have been a happy xmbc user for years and use the forums mainly for research but will post from time to time. Maybe im being childish but I dont want this seemingly undeserved bad reputation.

Is there anything I can do about this? Did I do something wrong 2 years ago and not realize it?
For the most part, absolutely nobody notices or cares about reputation. I'd be happy to reset it back to zero for you though.
you are a gem! just made me feel bad when i noticed it. thanks.
Yeah, a holdover from the old forum software. Now people can only leave positive rep. A few neg rep accounts still exist, but mods will normally catch them, or they can message a mod, and have the negative rep removed.

Gamester17 sure did like to tell people to search first :P
Yeah I am glad rep can only go up, cos it is easy to get a bit grumpy when people post silly things...

My aim is to beat a certain other poster, won't say who LOL. (S/he isn't in this thread. S/he doesn't even know I am trying to beat him/her. It's all in my head Smile )
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Quote:Yeah I am glad rep can only go up

As long you don't mess with a moderator Smile
(2013-05-17, 18:14)FernetMenta Wrote:
Quote:Yeah I am glad rep can only go up

As long you don't mess with a moderator Smile
I'll keep that in mind Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Nickr, i am gunning for you Smile
Should be a matter of months before i pass your rep so you better post even better responses to questions Smile
Yeah i seem stuck on 39 a long time now...

I would have had 40 but someone endorsed me then withdrew it when I mildly criticised one of his posts...
pff, I'd be happy just to get mine above 1 Sad
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
I'm fighting the urge to start handing reputation out like sweets...
not really useful feature.
not a goal to have 'reputation'
Yeah, it's kind of a silly feature in my mind, but community encouragement isn't bad, I guess. I like to give out reputation points for nearly random reasons, or funny posts, so I guess I'm technically abusing the system :D
It's all rather tongue in cheek really. You can't take it seriously when I have almost as many points as fritsch who is far more useful than me!
even i got points and i'm completely useless!
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reputation?0