[non-issue] Channel-specific video settings, is it possible?
I have a few channels on cable (Discovery Science most notably) which are broadcasted in 4:3, but the actual video content is still in wide-screen (letterboxed) so I get black bars on all four sides of the video. Setting zoom amount to 1.33 corrects the issue (some fidelity is naturally lost since we're talking about zooming) but XBMC forgets the zoom amount as soon as I switch channels. Is there any way to make XBMC remember it? I suppose I could hack the code but that is a slightly unmaintainable.
I'm pretty sure it will remember settings on a change by channel basis unless you hit the Set as default for all videos setting. Try it, what's the worse that can happen?
You're totally right, it seems to remember the settings now. Don't know what happened earlier that spurred me to make this thread.
this has been implemented for years Smile
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
I also just now noticed the "Crop black bars" setting. Awesome stuff!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[non-issue] Channel-specific video settings, is it possible?0