Linux wrong NFS configuration between Openelec and FreeNas
Hello,
I'm quite new on Raspberry Pi Openelec. I think that I implemented a wrong NFS configuration between Openelec and FreeNas. Is there anyone that has some experience on it ?
Could you help me ?
I've a raspberry Pi B 512M with OpenElec on an USB key. I've a FreeNAS 3.0-BETA2-X64 (R12317M) that host music, videos and images files. Freenas file system is ZFS.
OpenElec : Linux 3.8.7#1 PREEMPT Sat Apr 20 14:47:33 CEST 2013 / XBMC 12.2-PRE Git:f1106fc (Compiled: Apr 20 2013)
vendor OpenGL: Broadcom
version OpenGL: OpenGL ES 2.0
CPU: ARMV6-compatible processor rev 7 (v61)
BogoMips:2.00
Hardware BCM2708
Revision : 000e

I did a lot of testing and Now I've the video, the tvshows, the music that are recognized by xbmc on OpeneLec. And The source of all this stuff is on the freeNas using NFS mount source.

For that, I created on the freeNas a specific volume with userA/groupA for path /mnt/Vol/medias
I also created a shared NFs definition with:
* path /mnt/Vol/medias
* @IP authorized => the Openelec @IP only
* All directories
* Maproot User/Maproot group N/A

I created some directories under medias : music , videos, tvshows
I defined some sources on Openelec : music : nfs://@IP NAS/mnt/Vol/medias/music ... and the same for videos and tvshows

All ran fine except :
- I need to "chmod 755" all directories for videos and tvshows and "chmod 644" all files (up to now).
- For music, it was more complicated as CDartManager create files in the directories, I didnt' see how to do that and I isue "chmod 777" for all directories/files. Why ? I saw that for th creation of new files on the remote NAS, openelec/xbmc uses a user, I don't know what was the user. But the end, the file has : 429727433:groupA as user/group (the number specified is an example)

I know that this confirguration is very bad Blush and I can't stay whith this kind of configuration.
Could you help me ?
what is the user sent to the NAS ? I suppose that I need to define it.
best regards
isagarran
(2013-05-26, 12:46)isagarran Wrote: I've a FreeNAS 3.0-BETA2-X64 (R12317M)

I'm guessing you actually mean FreeNAS 8.3.0-BETA2?

(2013-05-26, 12:46)isagarran Wrote: * Maproot User/Maproot group N/A

Change "Mapproot User" and "Maproot Group" to the UserA/GroupA you created.

(2013-05-26, 12:46)isagarran Wrote: what is the user sent to the NAS ? I suppose that I need to define it.

It's root, so you want to map the root user and group to one of your user accounts.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks for the reply. I'll try and I'll let you know. (8.3.0 of course, you are right)
isagarran

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
wrong NFS configuration between Openelec and FreeNas0