Silent movies!
Hi all

Just wondering if someone is able to help. Pretty new to this so still learning. I am running xbmc on my Mac mini and controlling it via xbmc app on iPhone. When I select a movie it starts to play the video perfectly but is silent. I then have to open the app and increase the volume on it and it is fine from then on.

Is this a known issue or is there a simple fix?

Your help will be appreciated

Matt
does it start muted? or just at a low (or 0) sound level?

you can play around with the audio settings and set a default value. when a video is playing, get the OSD up, in the sound settings you can see what the volume is at and set a boost if needed, then make sure to set as default and the next time you open a video, it will have the same settings. if that was the issue, should be solved.

also, does this happen for every video you start, or just the first play on a fresh boot.
thanks for the reply.

It happens on every movie. the only way to get the volume up is via the app it seems. its nothing to do with the movies them selves it seems to have started on one of the updates. the weird thing is that when i increase the volume via the app the 'muted' icon is in the top right corner of the screen through out the duration of the film.
which app are you refering too - xbmc itself or some sort of remote control app?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Silent movies!0