Many buttons not working on VRC-1100 remote in 12.2
Hi,

as many other users, I do own a VCR-1100 remote control, which basically works, but I cannot get some things to work correctly.

1.) Volume Up, Down, Mute do not work at all in XBMC. I tried configuring the following:
<key id="61615">VolumeUp(ShutdownMenu)</key>
<key id="61614">VolumeDown(ShutdownMenu)</key>
and
<volume_up>VolumeUp</volume_up>
<volume_mute>Mute</volume_mute>
<volume_down>VolumeDown</volume_down>

None of these actually do work.

2.) The Power Button does not work either. I read in another posting that this keymap should work, but it doesn't, instead, it always hibernates my computer instead of doing what I expect it to.
<key id="61599">XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</key>

3.) The Sart-Button defaults to Microsoft Mediacenter, any way to fix this?

4.) Do oyu have any idea how to start XBMC using this remote in Windows 7?
I have this problem as well, so I'd be interested to hear of any solutions.

Tonight / this weekend, I was intending to try LMremote. outwardly it appears to have support, but not tried properly yet. I'll post results when i've tried it
I have this remote and most of my buttons work.

Have a look here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=VRC-1100

Also for the Explorer button (complete top left) you need to configure it appcommand.xml (create a file and put it in your keymap folder) and add whatever command to the following key:

I have "info" programmed
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <appcommand>
          <browser_home>info</browser_home>
    </appcommand>
  </global>
</keymap>

To change the Start button to launch XBMC , i used this http://inchoatethoughts.com/launching-xb...ter-remote

To help me configure the buttons i used ShowKey . Start it and just press a key and it will tell you what the command is for the key, then all you have to do is configure it in your Keyboard.xml or appcommand.xml.

Hope that helps Smile

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
I also used Showkey to get the mappings of volume Up and Down, and entered them in my keyboard.xml, but they do not work. This is what Showkey got me:

<key id="61615">VolumeUp</key>

But it is not working.

Which entry do you use?

How have you configured the power button?

The start Button thing worked very well, however, I had to fix the following: portable mode did not work until I copied the xbmcargs.txt file to c:\windows\ehome, because the application searches for this file in this working directory, it will not find it in the default directory c:\program files (x86) where the installer puts it, at least unter Win7 x64. I hope this can be fixed some time by searching in the right directory.
did you try putting it in the appcommand.xml file, like i said above?

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
Volume now works in appcomand.xml, thanks for that tipp.

Did you happen to also make the power button work? I tried entering:

<key id="61599">XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</key>

but it still hibernates when I press the power button Sad
Is this an mce remote control based on ehome drivers? If so you can my use my AdvancedMCERemoteMapper tool to configure the buttons. Set the power button to 'S'.
No, as you can see from the Wiki entry, this is not an ehome device. Any idea how to program the power button?
Try eventghost. Add the plugin 'auvisio VRC-1100 Ro'.
Well, I have upgraded to Windows 8, and my remote (yes, the same one) now behaves completely different: The volume-keys don't show any key id anymore using showkey, instead they seem to alter the system volume directly (I can see an onscreen display form Windows 7 when changing the volume). That is not what I want, I want to change the XBMC volume insteadm how can I do that?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Many buttons not working on VRC-1100 remote in 12.20