Overview subtitle support
Is there any overview which subtitles formats are supported/ are supposed to work with Raspberry and xmbc?

Or would someone like to report successfull or non successfull combinations (e.g. format srt, external file, video h264 container mkv etc.)? I am interested in using this hardware/software combination as mediaplayer and subtitle support is a important feature for me.
Hi, I only try .srt subtitles files.
You could choose font, color (white, yellow, green, etc), position: (top, center, bottom), you could set a delay for non syncronized subs.[Edit: Tested by me]
Support embedded subtitles (as in .mkv) and external also.[Edit: Tested by me]
Support subtitles in the same folder of the video or you could search anywhere in your network/hdd [Edit: Tested by me]
Even you could install the XBMC Subtitle Add-On what search for subtitles on several sites on the web (great for view movies in streaming ej; Icefilms, TubePlus, Navi-X, etc)[Edit: Tested by me]

You could have more information here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Subtitles

Anyway... it is the best implementation of subtitles I ever see
Thanks for the Feedback. The link you provided seems to adress to xmbc in general, so I suppose it is not guaranteed that everything works with Raspberry as well ?!?
(2013-06-07, 15:22)berndb Wrote: Thanks for the Feedback. The link you provided seems to adress to xmbc in general, so I suppose it is not guaranteed that everything works with Raspberry as well ?!?

As far as I know, the Pi plays all subtitle types that xbmc can play (which is basically everything).
Current official images have a 0.5 second subtitle sync bug. There is a fix for this (in rbej's Gotham builds) that will get to the main tree soon.
(2013-06-07, 16:34)popcornmix Wrote: As far as I know, the Pi plays all subtitle types that xbmc can play (which is basically everything).
Current official images have a 0.5 second subtitle sync bug. There is a fix for this (in rbej's Gotham builds) that will get to the main tree soon.

I dont note the 0.5 delay bug. It is happen in .srt also?
I read this forum and several users complain but the subtitles are in ass format.
(2013-06-07, 19:29)cartucho Wrote: I dont note the 0.5 delay bug. It is happen in .srt also?
I read this forum and several users complain but the subtitles are in ass format.

srt/txt subs are rendered through a different code path than graphical subs (like ASS).
I think you are correct that the text subs don't have the 0.5s offset bug.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Overview subtitle support0