Windows ☆ Build #4
NUC everytime!
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Nice build. The ID83 doesn't come with internal ir receiver.
Thx for the post its quiet informative. I wanted to add TV tuner card with PVR functionality, any recommendations ? Is this expandable ?
I bought the Zotac ID83 on the recommendation that I would be able to play HD audio (TRUE-HD and DTS-HD MASTER) has anyone gotten HD audio to work?Confused

Onkyo-TX-SR805 using hdmi input running WIN7 on ZOTAC plus ID83 with 16GB memory (1x) 120GB ssd drive NodNodCool really fast booting and network comm.

Further info.....

In their description ZOTAC says high def STEREO and 8 CHANNEL via hdmi. NOWHERE DOES IT SAY HIGH DEF BITSTREAM AUDIO.
My ZOTAC ID83 chokes and stutters when XBMC (frodo12.2)plays 1080p DTS-HD Master or 1080p Dolby TrueHD especially via hdmi over LAN using cat 6.

The ID83 is good enough for 1080p +DTS at most over my LAN .

The ZOTAC ID83 can play DTS-HD MASTER from its internal Harddrive using MPC. Rofl

I will test if it's also possible to play the file from an attached usb3 drive or over my LAN using VLC & MPC. ILL REPORT BACK. Nod

Further test reveal MPC plays beautiful HI DEF VIDEO & AUDIO over my LAN!

I love my Zotac ID83?

I finally found a mini set top box that can play my hi def video library from my NAS!

Time to ebay Jynxbox and AppleTV.
Upon Further reading the forums at xbmc.org and wiki has help me get bit streaming going in Frodo 12.2 from a NAS on my LAN. I dunno about web becuz my internet sucks.

Just to make sure we are on same page. Open playback devices make sure your receiver is displayed. Mine says TX-SR-SR805. Configure by running CONFIGURE . Select receiver as default device. Go to properties SUPPORTED FORMATS tab make sure your device can play the various format. Close box

Here is the important stuff I just did. In XBMC SYSTEM-SETTINGS

AUDIO OUTPUT HDMI
SPEAKER CONFIGURATION 7.1 ( even though I have 5.1 I set to 7.1)
The rest of the setting have to do with what format your receiver can play.

Where it says AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE: press down arrow select WASAPI: HMDI - TX-SR805(Intel® Display Audio...

Passthrough output device WASAPI:HDMI - TX - SR805(Intel® Displa...

Hope this helps

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows ☆ Build #40