python based add-on installers
Maybe the sh lib for python is useful here? It's a pretty clean implementation and would be nice to have in the official repo anyway:
http://amoffat.github.io/sh/
don't think it will matter here we aren't going to be calling anything directly, but rather over dbus, as we need to tap into the polkit in any case.
(2013-06-10, 12:48)spiff Wrote: FFS. stop spamming other threads. last warning!

what last me warning why? i am deaf, who help me you do not have good heart help for forum
forum I want to help people exactly where everything fits forum for me how to.py
you now have understand
(2013-06-11, 11:19)CstyleZ Wrote:
(2013-06-10, 12:48)spiff Wrote: FFS. stop spamming other threads. last warning!

what last me warning why? i am deaf, who help me you do not have good heart help for forum
forum I want to help people exactly where everything fits forum for me how to.py
you now have understand

Do _not_ hijack threads. If your question is off topic (which it is!) then start a new thread.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
(2013-06-10, 16:03)Bstrdsmkr Wrote: Maybe the sh lib for python is useful here? It's a pretty clean implementation and would be nice to have in the official repo anyway:
http://amoffat.github.io/sh/

Nice, I might use this tbh. My attempt will most likely call directly, as poolkit works bad on non-standalone xbmc (brings up password dialog outside of xbmc).

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
One caveat that doesn't apply here but is good to know, sh is Linux/Mac only, no windows. I've heard good things but have never used Envoy which is supposed to be similar but windows too
(2013-06-11, 13:42)Bstrdsmkr Wrote: One caveat that doesn't apply here but is good to know, sh is Linux/Mac only, no windows. I've heard good things but have never used Envoy which is supposed to be similar but windows too

Thats fine since I'll be using it for apt installer, which is linux only anyways.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
python based add-on installers0