Linux How can I make the deinterlace setting stick?
Hi all,

On each of my XBMC instances, when I choose my deinterlacing method, it does not save the setting and loses it after reboot.

This is the case for Openelec 3.0.3 and XBMCBuntu.

Does anyone know how I can make this setting stick please?
Lounge rig: nVidia Shield - Official Kodi
Bedroom rig: Amazon Fire TV - Kodi 17.3
Backend: HP Microserver, Ubuntu, JBOD
On the option screen where you set the option to deinterlace scroll down to the bottom and there is a option to 'set as default for all videos'
I've tried that, it appears to reload X and it sticks for the session, but nevertheless following a reboot the setting is reverted to Deinterlace being off
So setting it as default for all videos crashes xbmc?

You could also try manually editing guisettings.XML, but I'm not sure if that setting is contained in that file.
video settings are stored in the db. and i haven't heard about any issues with that
so we're going to need debug logs.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
maybe related to this

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=156607

?
OK my logs here are where I've set deinterlacing to on, and to set as default for all videos.

FIrstly it proves that Openelec 3.0.5 crashes XBMC and reloads it when I select this (I can also tell you that 3.0.3 did the same)

Secondly it proves that it does not apply it to all TV channels as I change channel and notice that the deinterlace setting is set to "off". (however it does still apply to the originally set channel which differs from my OP)
eh, you're not starting playback. upload a log after doing that.
when exactly do you get the crash? i'm not getting any crashes here. might very well be caused by some patch that is included in openelec and not in our repos if it's not reproducable on anything but openelec
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

I get the crash when I select to use these video settings as default then select yes to confirm. It happens everytime on openelec without fail.

The log to prove the deinterlace settings don't apply to all other channels http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=28122 I add the deinterlacong to "on" for channel 5 & set to default for all videos, then post crash I check ch5 and it's stuck, then switch to another channel (dave) and it's not got deinterlacing enabled.

I understand if no-one can support this because it's openelec
i can't reproduce that crash. can't reproduce it on openelec 3.0.5 either
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

OK, very weird! maybe its a combination of that install on my hardware.

I am disillusioned with Openelec tbh, because on top of this de-interlacing problem, it also has constant audio and video sync issues with the TVHeadEnd plugin, so I'm thinking i'll try XBMCBuntu on my little Revo . Thanks so much for trying to help.
I can confirm, that applying video settings for all videos does not work for channels that were configured once manually .. I have to change these settings manually ... How to debug ?
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Works as designed. We store settings for channels and movies in a database if those differ from the defaults. When you play a channel and it has individual settings stored, those are taken.
Hi FernetMenta,

okay, good to know .. but it is a little bit misleading, if I like to override all manual settings and choose "Apply to all" .. since I played around with some settings on different channels, I have now to check every channel, if it has different settings .. what about a general option in settings to set back to default ?

Greetz

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Good idea, just needs to be done.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I make the deinterlace setting stick?0